- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Introduction to Workbooks
- Using the Knowledge Base
- Editions & Licensing
- Logging In
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- WESS System Requirements
- Setting up the WESS
- Synchronising Emails
- Synchronising People & Contacts
- Synchronising Tasks & Meetings
- WESS Troubleshooting
- The WESS Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Microsoft Office
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Loqate
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Reporting Explained
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- April 2020 Release
- January 2020 Release
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
Custom Form Layouts control what the Users see on a form but remember this does not prevent access to the fields that aren't displayed on the form - these can still be accessed within Landing Pages and Reports.
Customising Form Layouts gives you a great degree of flexibility to change the appearance of Workbooks records so that they reflect your business, your terminology and your processes. Multiple versions of the layout can be created for the same record type and shared with different User Groups so that, for example, your Sales team see one version of a Customer Order and your Finance team see a different version, or your Customer Support team see one version of an Organisation record and your Marketing team see another.
The Form Layout menu can be reached by going to Start > Configuration > Customisation > [select the record type you wish to edit] > Form Layouts.
NOTE: If you're happy with the default layout but need somewhere to capture some extra data you can simply create Custom Fields rather than creating Custom Form Layouts.
Custom Form Layouts are based on existing standard form layouts and include any Custom Fields you've created (along with their related Picklists, where appropriate).
When creating a new Form Layout you can specify:
- new Sections that can be positioned within the form and add sub-sections and/or Fields to them.
- the position of Fields within a form - both their Section and their position within that Section.
- whether Fields are displayed or not.
- whether Fields are read-only or not.
- default values for Fields.
- add Information Messages relating to aspects of the form, and position them on the form layout.
- for forms with editable grids, what columns are shown, hidden or excluded, the order in which they appear and the default values for each.
- what tabs are displayed and in what order.
- a set of Process Buttons (in the Automation tab) to allow you to automate common processes.
When using Form Layouts, you can categorise them to ensure that only relevantly categorised email/PDF templates appear when dealing with the specific record type. Information of how to do so can be found in the screenshot below.
NOTE: Using the 'Shared with' column, selectable in the Form Layouts tab of the Customise Record window, it is possible to quickly check which groups and Users a Form Layout is shared with. In the below image we can tell that we need to share both Desktop Form Layouts with the other Users that are not in the System Admin Group.
Information Message fields allow you to display relevant and useful information under the fields. To add an Information Message field, click the button highlighted below.
The field can contain up to 255 characters and include hyperlinks.
Name the Information Message field in such a way that it is easy to know what the help text is for. Field Name is visible when amending form layouts, but isn’t visible on the forms themselves.
The example below shows how Information Messages can be used to make it easier for users to know what fields represent and how they should be used.
It is possible to add hyperlinks into the Information Message using the format: <a href="URL">text</a>. For example,
<a href="www.workbooks.com/knowledge_base">Knowledge Base</a>
would display the words 'Knowledge Base' which would hyperlink to the URL that is between the double quote marks.