- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- What is Spotler?
- Navigating your Spotler homepage
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Advanced Features
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Tasks/Activities from Workbooks to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Sequences to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence States to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence Step Numbers to Workbooks
- Sync Prospects/Accounts/Opportunities from Outreach to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Adding Targets, Conditional Formatting and CSS Styling
- Reporting with multiple currencies
- Drilling into Summary Views
- Improving Report Performance & Run Time
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Reporting Explained
- Exporting Reports
- Types of Split Columns
- Using Calculated Columns
- Audit Reporting
- Okta Authentication
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Desktop Preferences
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- Workbooks Scripts
- API Data
- Triggers and Webhooks
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- June 2022 Release
- March 2022 Release
- October 2021 Release
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- 2020 Releases
- 2019 Releases
- 2018 Releases
- 2017 Releases
- 2016 Releases
- Workbooks Glossary
What is GatorSurvey?
GatorSurveys allow you to create customer-facing surveys with multiple question types. A direct link to the survey can be included in an email or alternatively Surveys can be embedded on a web page via an iFrame. When the form is submitted, the information entered is fed back into Spotler and then into Workbooks. The individual responses are reportable within Workbooks.
GatorSurveys combined with Workbooks offers:
- Easy to use drag and drop interface (similar to GatorCreator).
- Multiple question types, eg star ratings, grid inputs, etc.
- Page conditions and rules - for example if someone gives a score of 6 or less, they are taken to one page but if they score 7 and above, they are taken to a different page.
- Trackable responses within Spotler and Workbooks.
- The ability to report on individual responses.
- The option to edit published surveys to make new revisions and deploy those.
- The inclusion of data from a contact record into the survey (although the responses cannot be written back to the contact).
Why use GatorSurvey?
They can be used at any point of the customer journey to obtain direct feedback from your customers, which is a great way to improve your services and offerings, retain customers and improve loyalty. For example:
- NPS surveys to see how loyal your customers are to your brand and how well they think you're doing.
- Product or service feedback - get details on how well customers feel a product or service has met their needs and use their feedback from compelling use cases, testimonials and reports, driving further adoption and commitment.
- Get direct input on your content - customers can provide details about the types of marketing activities they'd like to hear about. Can be used to feed preference centre changes.
- The surveys are integrated directly with Workbooks so you can report directly on the survey responses and take action on those responses.
How to set up a a GatorSurvey
Within the GatorSurvey module, click Create New Survey. Here you can create a blank survey or use one of the online templates to give you a headstart. You'll need to give your survey a name before being taken to the survey builder area, which provides a drag and drop editor, very similar to the GatorCreater interface. More information on using the editor is available on Spotler's site here.
You can use the Live Preview option to see your survey and nothing will be written back to your system but note that the conditional rules will not operate.
Testing your GatorSurvey
Before making your survey live you should test it. You can use the Direct Test Link or alternatively you can send an email of the current build version. When testing a survey your results will not be recorded but the page conditions and rules will function.
NOTE: The URL that's generated for your test will have the suffix of t=1. DO NOT use this for your live survey as the results will not be written back to the system.
Using a Survey
When you're happy with your testing you need to publish your survey using one of the following methods:
- Direct Link - this is the most common approach and generates the URL that you can include in the email against one of your GatorMail campaigns. This can be a text link or a button, depending on what you want your email to look like.
- Social Network - you can share the survey to Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+.
- Embed within an iFrame - this will generate HTML code that your web developers can insert into one of your hosted web pages.
NOTE: If people complete the survey via the Social Network or iFrame methods, the results will NOT appear in Workbooks. The only way to get the results to appear is if you've published your survey via a direct link in a campaign. However, in all publishing methods, the results will show against the survey within GatorSurvey.
Reporting on Survey Results and Responses
As soon as the GatorSurvey module is enabled on your account, the process of sending GatorSurvey-specific Online Activities back into your Workbooks system will be automatically setup and configured. When a recipient clicks to open the survey, an Online Activity of type Survey Accessed will be created. If the recipient completes and submits their responses, an Online Activity of type Survey Response will be created. This contains JSON code of their responses and shows the individual responses below the form submission data, as shown in the screenshot below.
In addition, an Online Activity of type Survey Completed will be created.
Survey Response records enable you to create reports showing who has or has not completed the survey so you could, for example, send a follow-up to people who have started but not completed it.
Whilst the survey responses in the Online Activity of type Survey Response are 'readable' to the human eye, in order to view and report on individual survey responses, a script must be deployed on your system by the Workbooks Professional Services team and this means you must have a licence for custom records as the result are held in a custom record called Survey Response. The script can be run on a schedule and looks at the Online Activities of type Survey Response. It splits out the responses into individual Survey Response records. When the script is deployed, we also provide a report that allows you to report on the individual answers and responses. This means, for example, that you could email anyone with an NPS score of 6 or below with one type of content and a different type for people who have scored 9 and above.