- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- What is Spotler?
- Navigating your Spotler homepage
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Advanced Features
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Tasks/Activities from Workbooks to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Sequences to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence States to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence Step Numbers to Workbooks
- Sync Prospects/Accounts/Opportunities from Outreach to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Adding Targets, Conditional Formatting and CSS Styling
- Reporting with multiple currencies
- Drilling into Summary Views
- Improving Report Performance & Run Time
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Reporting Explained
- Exporting Reports
- Types of Split Columns
- Using Calculated Columns
- Audit Reporting
- Okta Authentication
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Desktop Preferences
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- Workbooks Scripts
- API Data
- Triggers and Webhooks
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- June 2022 Release
- March 2022 Release
- October 2021 Release
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- 2020 Releases
- 2019 Releases
- 2018 Releases
- 2017 Releases
- 2016 Releases
- Workbooks Glossary
NOTE: Workbooks DQ is not available on mobile or tablet devices.
Workbooks DQ is our all-round solution for merging People and Organisation records en masse; it has been developed in partnership with DQ Global, and is available as an optional extension for Workbooks. This tool allows you to review your entire database for duplicates, using complex matching rules. The tool can do fuzzy matching, and can compare multiple fields for better duplicate identification, plus once duplicates are identified, can compare the data across the matching records to produce the best final master record.
There are two versions of Workbooks DQ: Foundation, and Master. The main difference is that the Master licence includes:
- Auto-Mastering - Best record detection through definable rules.
- Auto-Filling - Auto-population of the master using data field values from duplicate records using definable rules.
- Auto-Merging - Safely auto-merge duplicate records
- Scheduling - Automatically run merge sessions on a schedule of your choosing, without the need for manual intervention.
Pricing for Workbooks DQ is available on the downloadable price list here.
Start by enabling the 'Workbooks DQ' module (within Start > Configuration > Account Settings > Licences & Modules). Then ensure that the relevant users have the right capabilities enabled, depending on what role the User will take:
- Workbooks DQ Administrator - this will give the User full admin rights in DQ, so they can manage the default matching rules and mappings, set up match sessions etc.
- Workbooks DQ Reviewer - this will only give the User access to view existing match sessions, review the results of match sessions, and accept and merge the results.
- For full details of the differences between the roles, see the DQ Wiki.
- View Data Quality jobs and Manage Data Quality jobs - this will give the users access to the DQ Landing Page in Workbooks, and allow them to complete merges.
Once this has been done, Workbooks DQ is accessible from Start > Bulk Actions > Data Quality.
Select 'Workbooks DQ' to see the screen below:
- Home - used to return to the Workbooks DQ home screen
- Settings - here you can access and amend your Match Groups, Master Record Rules, etc.
- Change Theme - choose from a number of pre-set styles for the side banner and highlight colour within the Workbooks DQ interface
- User Guide - the DQ Wiki can be accessed from here, providing detailed information on the functionality
- Home screen - when you first access Workbooks DQ, you will see a list of all of your previous DQ merge sessions and their statuses
NOTE: We highly recommend that you test this functionality on a copy of your database before using it on your live system.
You can use Workbooks DQ to de-dupe and merge People and Organisation records, but not Sales Leads. Within DQ, you will get the option to run a merge session on all People/Organisations, or you can choose a subset of your data using reports. Any Report you build must have the Category set to DQ so that it can be identified by the tool. The Report must also contain a column for the Object Reference of the People / Organisations, as this is what the tool will use to load those records into the merge session.
You then determine your matching and merging rules within the Workbooks DQ interface - it's important to note that while the rules that dictate the merge are selected within Workbooks DQ, the actual merge itself is done in Workbooks.
- To ensure that your Workbooks DQ settings meet your requirements, we recommend first testing against a subset of data by creating a report that narrows down the selection of records (e.g. People whose name starts with A).
- If you have an integration with another system, which is dependent on unique ids or reference numbers, make sure you include these fields in your matching rules, so that you don't accidentally delete records used by the integration.
- If you have lots of customer transactions in your system, you may want to first run a merge on the records that are related to those transaction documents. That way, you know these records are the 'masters' and can happily merge any other records into them.
You can find more information on how to use Workbooks DQ and how to configure it on DQ Global's help page here.
REMINDER: You will need to log into DQ when your contract renewal is due to ensure scheduled merges keep running.