- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Desktop Environment
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Importing Data
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
- Workbooks Web Insights
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Formulae
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- Jira Issue to new Case
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
- Users & Security
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
Within Database Settings (navigate to Start > Configuration> Database > Database Settings) you can control;
- the user interface for managing Own Organisation Relationships.
- whether or not to require a Customer Agreement before raising an Accounting Document.
- the way in which Supplier Orders can be raised in Workbooks.
- how discount is applied to customer transaction line items.
- whether Primary Contact details are shown on a Meeting and whether the attendee status is tracked.
- if a new Person/Organisation is created when converting a Sales Lead.
- which emails should be related to Transaction Documents.
Own Organisation Relationships
Relationships between People, Organisations and your Own Organisation on the Main tab of a record can be managed using different user interfaces. You can switch between Grid view and Checkbox view:
- Grid (prompt for details when creating new relationships)
- Grid (create new relationships without prompting)
By default, you will only be able to raise an Order, Invoice, Credit Note or Contract against a party record if a Customer Agreement exists (created by checking the 'Customer' checkbox on People or Organisation records).
You can enable specific Accounting Documents to be created regardless of whether this Customer Agreement exists by clearing the box against the relevant Accounting Document type.
Strict Supplier Orders
If Strict Supplier Orders is turned on, when raising a new Supplier Order you will be asked to specify which Supplier the Order is for. You will then only be able to select Products that have a Supply Scheme with that Supplier.
If you are copying another Transaction Document to create the Supplier Order, only the Line Items that have specified a Supply Scheme with the selected Supplier will be copied across. If a Line Item does not have a Supply Scheme selected, then it will be copied across only if the Product has an available Supply Scheme with that Supplier.
If you want to relax this setting you should remove the tick from the checkbox next to Strict Supplier Orders. Removing this tick means it is possible to raise Supplier Orders with any combination of Suppliers and Products.
By default, when you apply a discount to a line item in a customer transaction record, the discount is applied to the unit price and this reduced price is multiplied by the quantity to generate the line item net amount. For example:
(Unit Price minus Percentage Discount) multiplied by Quantity
eg, £3.85 - 50% = £1.93 * 15.4 = £29.72
To deal with changes in monetary values caused by decimal rounding issues, you might want discount to be applied after the unit price has been multiplied by the quantity. For example:
(Unit Price multiplied by Quantity) minus Percentage Discount
eg, £3.85 * 15.4 = £59.29 - 50% = £29.65
To apply the discount after the unit price has been multiplied by the quantity, make sure you remove the tick from the checkbox next to Apply discount before total.
You can choose whether to display the primary contact's name, employer and contact details on a Meeting record.
If you are using a Workbooks integrated calendaring service, a tracking tab can be enabled to allow the status of attendees to be tracked.
When converting Sales Leads, Workbooks will automatically create a new Person and Organisation record for you. If you don't want the checkboxes for this to be automatically ticked each time you convert a Sales Lead, clear the appropriate checkbox in the Sales Lead section of Other Settings.
When viewing emails on the Emails tab of a Transaction Document, you can choose whether to only show those emails that have been related to the document, or whether to include any emails to or from People that are related to the Transaction Document.