- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- GatorMail Integration
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Formulae
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Compliance Record
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- Jira Issue to new Case
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
Supplier Orders provide you and your supplier with acknowledgement for the goods or services you've ordered, including quantities, prices and terms.
Workbooks is pre-configured with default PDF templates for each document type. You can add your own image to the header (such as your company logo) and/or footer text (your VAT number, for example) to these templates to tailor them for your organisation. Alternatively, Workbooks can develop a complete set of customised templates for you.
Displaying Supplier Orders
Clicking on Start > Finance > Supplier Orders displays the Supplier Transactions Landing Page.
The Supplier Orders Landing Pages displays a choice of views including:
- My Supplier Orders - all those Supplier Orders that are either assigned to you or that you are Watching.
- All Supplier Orders - all the Supplier Orders on your database.
To open any of the records displayed in the views above, hover over the row until it become underlined and click on it.
Adding Supplier Orders
To create a Supplier Order within Workbooks either:
- Click Start > Finance > Supplier Orders > New Order; or:
- Open an existing Customer Order or Invoice and use the Copy Document function to generate a new Supplier Order.
Choosing the Copy Document method automatically relates the new Supplier Order to the originating document. The relationship of the two documents can be viewed (and if required deleted) in the Related Items tab which can be used to navigate between them. This is particularly useful for managing your Sales Order Process if your organisation is a product reseller.
The copied document is initially created with a DRAFT status so that any edits can be made including date changes, addition or removal of Line Items and so on. When the order is completed the status changes to POSTED and the document cannot be edited or deleted.
Complete the fields in the upper part of the Supplier Order with as much information as possible, including specifying the supplying organisation using the dropdown picklist next to Supplier.
NOTE: The list of possible suppliers will be limited to those Organisations that have already been designated as being suppliers to your Own Organisation. To create a new supplier open their Organisation record and tick the checkbox next to Supplier.
Strict Supplier Orders
Supplier Orders can behave differently depending on how your database has been configured by your System Administrator. Workbooks is pre-configured so that it's only possible to create Line Items on Supplier Orders for products that have already been linked to the supplier for whom the order is being raised. (Products can be linked to specific suppliers using Supply Schemes.)
This applies whether the Supplier Order is created by clicking the Copy Document button on a Customer Order or if the Supplier Order is created from new.
Alternatively, your System Administrator can configure your database so it's possible to raise Supplier Orders with any combination of Suppliers and Products.
If a Supply Scheme or cost value has already been defined on the Customer Order for margin analysis purposes, then these values will be used for the default cost in the Supplier Order. If you don't want your Supplier Orders to be restricted by these Supply Schemes, please make sure you have the Strict Supplier Orders setting turned off under Start > Configuration > Database > Other Settings. See here for more information.