This DLI field is required by the Adobe Sign Integration, but must be created manually
- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- WESS System Requirements
- Setting up the WESS
- Synchronising Emails
- Synchronising People & Contacts
- Synchronising Tasks & Meetings
- WESS Troubleshooting
- The WESS Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Loqate
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Reporting Explained
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
Installing the Adobe Sign Integration
To set up the integration, you can use our ‘Adobe Sign’ plugin, found in Configuration > Automation > Plugins. It will ask you to choose which Record Type you want this integration to run on.
NOTE: If you want to run this on more than one Record Type, e.g. Orders and Contracts, then you can simply uninstall the plugin (this does not remove anything), and install it again, selecting the relevant Record Type.
You will then need to supply the plugin with your Adobe Sign Integration Key. This can be found by going to the API section of your Adobe Sign Account, and is called ‘API key’. If you cannot see this, you will need to contact Adobe Sign to ask them to turn the API Key section on.
If your PDF template has been customised to include data fields that will be completed by a customer and then mapped into Workbooks, please set the 'Enable PDF Data Retrieval' field to 'Yes'. Please see the Enable PDF Data Retrieval section below for more information.
The plugin set up a Web Process called ‘Adobe Sign Document Listener’. In step 3 of the plugin, you will need to choose a valid User for the Process to run as; they will need to have the relevant Permissions and Capabilities for the process to be able to do everything it needs to. If you have an Automation User, that would be the best choice. If you set 'Enable PDF Data Retrieval' to 'No' in the previous step, then you can press 'Install Adobe Sign' to complete the installation. If you selected 'Yes', you will be moved onto Step 4 before you can complete the installation; see the Enable PDF Data Retrieval section below. If you selected 'Yes' by accident, simply press the 'Install Adobe Sign' button in Step 4 without setting up any field mappings; your process will still work as required.
The plugin will set up for you:
- A Scheduled Process called ‘Adobe Sign Setup Users’. This fetches the users from your Adobe account and creates the relevant API data for each one. This will then be used when sending documents, to ensure that the document is sending from the right User.
- A Web Process called ‘Adobe Sign Document Listener’ that is used to fetch responses from Adobe Sign about the status of the document, and updates the Adobe Sign Activity accordingly. It will also attach the document to your Activity once it has been signed. The Web Process has 3 parameters that may need setting up if your PDFs have been specially configured:
- delete_duplicate_files: If you have specified that you also want to sign the document once it has been signed by the customer, then you may need to amend this parameter. Once the document has been signed by the customer, the PDF and audit file will be attached to your Activity. These will be overwritten once you have signed the document with the fully signed version and the complete audit record. If you both versions of the PDF and the Audit Records to be attached, i.e. the one only signed by the customer and the one with both signatures, then amend the parameter from the default value of 1, to 0.
- get_form_data: it is possible to set up your PDF to act like a form that can have multiple fields filled in, and to have these values then stored in fields in Workbooks. If this has been done, set this parameter to TRUE. Please contact Workbooks Support for more information.
- workbooks_adobe_field_mappings: if the above is true, this parameter will also need updating to store the mappings between the PDF fields and the Workbooks fields. Please contact Workbooks Support for more information.
- Activity Statuses that correspond to the status of your sent document.
- Fields and IFrame tabs on the chosen Record Type and on Activities. Not all of the required fields can be built by the plugin, there is still some customisation that you will have to do manually.
- You will need to make sure that the Record Type has a Primary Contact field. The process will use the native Primary Contact field on Cases, but you will need to add a Primary Contact field onto the relevant Transaction documents.
This DLI must also automatically create a ‘Primary Contact’ relationship. The process will error if no Primary Contact exists on the document.
- You will then need to follow the instructions in these forum posts. The links will also be available from the last page of the Adobe Sign plugin:
Enable PDF Data Retrieval
It is possible to add Text Tags into your PDF documents, which creates a field that your customer would be able to add information into. For more information about Text Tags, please read Adobe Sign's documentation. Our Workbooks Consultants could set this up for you, please contact Support for more information.
These Text Tag fields can then be picked up by Workbooks when the signed PDF is sent back, and the data can then be transferred into Workbooks. This would allow you to keep your records up to date, can reduce time spent on data entry, and allow the information to be accessed in reports.
For Workbooks to know where to store the data from the PDFs, field mappings will need to be set up. If you selected 'Yes' in Step 2 of the plugin, then at Step 4 you will get the below window, which will allow you to set up these field mappings.
Clicking on the 'New Mapping' button will open up a window that will allow you to enter the relevant Field Names. Make sure to enter the Workbooks Field Name and not the Field Label, e.g. cf_customer_order_billing_address, not Billing Address. For the PDF Field Name, use the name that was set up in the PDF, e.g. billingaddress, not Billing Address.
Once you have added all of the field mappings, click 'Install Adobe Sign' to complete the plugin. This will set up the 'get_form_data' and 'workbooks_adobe_field_mappings' parameters on the 'Adobe Sign Document Listener' web process.