- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- What is Spotler?
- Navigating your Spotler homepage
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Advanced Features
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- Supported email clients
- Set Up
- What gets synchronised?
- WESS Troubleshooting
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Tasks/Activities from Workbooks to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Sequences to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence States to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence Step Numbers to Workbooks
- Sync Prospects/Accounts/Opportunities from Outreach to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Adding Targets, Conditional Formatting and CSS Styling
- Reporting with multiple currencies
- Drilling into Summary Views
- Improving Report Performance & Run Time
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Reporting Explained
- Exporting Reports
- Types of Split Columns
- Using Calculated Columns
- Audit Reporting
- Okta Authentication
Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Displaying & Adding Transaction Documents
- Copying Transaction Documents
- Transaction Documents Fields Help
- Transaction Documents Line Items Help
- Printing & Sending Transaction Documents
- Managing Transaction Document Currencies
- Managing Transaction Document Statuses
- Setting a Blank Default Currency on Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Desktop Preferences
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- Workbooks Scripts
- API Data
- Triggers and Webhooks
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- September 2022 Release
- June 2022 Release
- March 2022 Release
- October 2021 Release
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- 2020 Releases
- 2019 Releases
- 2018 Releases
- 2017 Releases
- 2016 Releases
- Workbooks Glossary
Creating a DocuSign Document with a Workbooks PDF
The DocuSign integration allows you to use either Workbooks PDFs or DocuSign Templates. This article covers how to setup a Workbooks PDF to use with the integration. This article assumes that you already have an existing PDF template to use with the integration. If you require a custom template to be developed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. Before continuing with the Plugin, ensure that you have uploaded your PDF Template to Workbooks.
For Workbooks PDFs, you do not need to login to DocuSign to configure anything - all setup is completed within Workbooks. To access the integration configuration, click Start > Configuration > Email & Integration. Choose DocuSign.
Step 1 - Introduction
On the first page, select New Document then Continue. If this is the first document that you have configured, then you will taken straight to Step 2 below.
Plugin - Step 2 - Settings
Work through the Plugin settings, configuring them to your requirements as needed. See here for further information on each setting.
There are a few important settings that must be configured as detailed below for the integration to work with a Workbooks PDF Template:
- Select Workbooks PDF in the Integration Type picklist
- Select the relevant PDF Template Workbooks PDF Template picklist
- Select the Fields that will make up the PDF Name that is sent to the customer (defaults are applied if nothing is selected, see Settings URL above)
Click "Continue" when you are happy with the settings.
Step 3 - Configure AutoPlace Mappings
This step allows you to configure fields from your selected Workbooks record type to populate fields on the DocuSign document. The integration has the capability to default the field values on the DocuSign document to the value held within Workbooks. When the document is signed, the updated information can be reflected back in Workbooks.
For each mapping that is added here, the relevant Anchor String needs to be added to your Workbooks PDF code. The Anchor String must be a unique string in the PDF when it is generated, otherwise an interactive DocuSign Tag will be shown in all places where the Anchor String is repeated.
Workbooks recommends that Anchor Strings are added in the format "/TAG_NAME/" to minimise the risk of erroneous tags appearing in your document. We'd recommend that the Anchor String is also displayed in white font so that the user cannot see the text used by the integration, they will only see the DocuSign Tag which is placed automatically at the top left corner of the Anchor String when the document is generated.
To set up a new Mapping select the Add New button. In the dialogue box, populate the following information to create a new field mapping
- Docusign Tag Type: The DocuSign Field data type. The Tag Type can affect how data is displayed on the Document, more information can be found on DocuSign’s Support Site. Based on the Workbooks Custom Field type, we recommend reviewing this page which details the best type to use for the integration.
- DocuSign Anchor String: This defines where on the document the tag will appear if the tag is found by DocuSign in your template. See here for DocuSign's help page on Anchors.
- DocuSign Recipient Role: Although shown, this picklist can be left blank for DocuSign Templates.
- Workbooks Field: Select the field which will be used to initially pull through a value to the DocuSign Field. This field can then be updated if the field is made editable in the below setting. Otherwise, ensure you select Read Only below.
- Multi-select picklists are not supported in DocuSign and therefore, if configured in Workbooks, do not show in this list
- Picklist selections may break if they contain a semi-colon in the value, due to a limitation in DocuSign
- Additional Options: These options apply to the field when the recipient receives the document. Fields can be made: Editable, Read Only, Required, Hidden or Optional.
- Field Height: The height of the tag that appears on your document in pixels.
- Field Width: The width of the tag that appears on your document in pixels. If left blank, the default is set to 100.
Once you have added a mapping, it can be edited or deleted using the Actions button beside each row. 5 mappings are shown per page. A search feature is provided if you have several mappings - you can search by DocuSign tag name, DocuSign field type or Workbooks field name. Mappings are not stored until you click Continue.
Step 4 - Related Record Mappings
If you turned on the Update Related Records setting in Step 1, then a 2nd Mappings screen is shown. This screen allows you to configure mappings for fields that are on records related to the source record via a DLI field. For example, you may have a Contact DLI which relates a Person to your source document - this screen can be used to
The process for adding mappings is the same as Step 3. However, there are two slightly different options:
- Workbooks DLI Field: This is a list of all DLIs on the selected record type set in Step 1
- Workbooks Field: A DLI is driven from a report based on a record type. Once you select a DLI, this list will be populated with the fields from that record type.
- For example, if you have a Person DLI, the report will be based on People and thus the fields shown here will be for People records.
- This feature only allows you to drill through to one record. You cannot subsequently drill through to another record related to the first.
Again mappings can be edited or deleted using the Actions menu. They can also be searched. Changes will not be applied until you click Continue.
As per mappings for the Source record, Anchor Strings will need to be added to your PDF code to show these Tags when the document is generated.
Step 5 - Configuration Complete
The integration configuration for this document is now complete is ready to be generated and will now need to be added to the appropriate Form Layouts via a Button Process. This is fully documented here.