- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Installing the Event Management Portal
- Amending Event Portal Parameters
- GatorMail Integration
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Calculated Columns
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Compliance Record
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- Jira Issue to new Case
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
Using your Dropbox
If you want to forward emails from an address other than your login email, remember to add that email address to your list of authorised senders.
Once you've set up your Dropbox you can start sending emails to it. Typically there are two ways that you might send emails to your Dropbox:
- Forwarding as an attachment any emails that have been sent to you (so are in your email client).
- Copying your Dropbox on emails sent from outside Workbooks (eg, via Outlook, GMail, etc).
Either way, once the email arrives in your Dropbox Workbooks will look for the appropriate record(s) within your database against which to store the email, in two ways:
- Email address matching - if the original email contains an email address (in the To, Cc or From fields) that corresponds with an email address for a Person or Lead within Workbooks, the email will be stored against that Person or Lead record.
NOTE: Your Dropbox will match on either the primary email address (in the main tab of the record) or any alternative email addresses stored in the Contact Details tab on the Person or Lead record.
- Object reference matching - if the original email contains a Workbooks Object Reference (or References), the email will be stored against the corresponding record (or records). The Information icon in the top right-hand corner of a record shows the Object Reference.
You can hover over the icon for quick access to the Object Reference or you can click on it to open a window which shows not only the Object Reference but also information on when and by whom the record was created / updated. You can copy and paste the reference into either the body or the subject field of your email, which enables Workbooks to identify which record to store the email against.
You can include multiple Object References in one email so that the email is stored against multiple records.
NOTE: You must replicate the Object Reference exactly, including the dash in the middle. You can include up to 500 Object References in each mail; any more than this will prevent the email from being related to any Workbooks records.
Forwarding email to your Dropbox
Wherever possible when forwarding emails to your Dropbox ensure you forward them as attachments rather than as inline emails. This is because when forwarding as inline emails, most email clients do not retain the original email addresses, which Workbooks needs in order to 'recognise' and store the email(s) against the right record(s) in your database.
If you want to forward more than one email message you can forward multiple emails as attachments in one email to your Dropbox and Workbooks will work out which email to store against which record. If you use Outlook and want some help with forwarding as attachments, please click here to download some guidance.
Some email clients (Hotmail and Gmail, for example) do not offer the option of forwarding as an attachment. However, these services retain the original email addresses when the email is forwarded so should still be 'recognised' by Workbooks.
Copying email to your Dropbox
If you're creating an email outside Workbooks (within Outlook or GMail, for example) and want it to be stored against a record (or records) within Workbooks, you can simply include the Dropbox email address in the Bcc field.
Where will Dropbox emails be stored?
All emails added to Workbooks via the Dropbox will appear in the Dropbox users' email list, which can be accessed by clicking Start > Emails > My Emails.
In addition, emails matched to People or Leads will appear in the Summary and Emails tabs for the relevant People and Leads. Emails matched against an Object Reference will appear in the Summary, Emails and Related Items tabs for the relevant record.
The Related Items tab on the email itself will list all the Workbooks records that the email is stored against.