- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Introduction to Workbooks
- Using the Knowledge Base
- Editions & Licensing
- Logging In
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- WESS System Requirements
- Setting up the WESS
- Synchronising Emails
- Synchronising People & Contacts
- Synchronising Tasks & Meetings
- WESS Troubleshooting
- The WESS Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
- Microsoft Office
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Loqate
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Reporting Explained
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- January 2020 Release
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
February 2019 - Event Management Release
Release date: 21st February 2019
We have added further features to enhance and improve how our Event Management Portal functions, making it easier for you and your customers to use.
This update to Event Management introduces the concept of a Free Event. An Event is considered to be a Free Event when all of the Items for an Event are free, or you have not configured a payment gateway to be used for Ticket purchases.
We have then simplified the Event signup process for Free Events to three simple steps allowing users to signup for Free Events much more easily:
Register for the Event, either as a guest or login to your account. We have now removed all references to prices and tax on this step.
Select the number of Tickets or other Items you want to sign up for. As before, all mentions of prices and tax have been removed and the Checkout button has been changed to “Continue”.
Enter your contact information as well as information for any additional attendees.
When completing Step 3 there are now some additional features available to make this step simpler.
Once you have filled out the Contact Details, there is now a checkbox to say “I am attending” this will copy the personal details into Ticket 1. As a result customers signing up for a single ticket now only need to enter their information once.
Password Fields are shown on this page so guests can sign up for accounts.
When signing up for additional tickets you are only required to provide the attendee’s name.
Users will be unable to Save and Finish until they have provided details for all attendees.
Just like Paid Events, Free Events will generate and post Customer Orders in Workbooks, but an Invoice will not be generated because there is no purchase.
Order Details layout changes
The Order Details page has now been simplified to make it easier for users to submit their required information. It is now divided into two distinct sections:
- Contact Details was previously named Personal Details.
- The Organisation and Address sections have been merged into a single section and renamed as Invoice Details.
These changes have been made to help make it clearer to users that information they are submitting will be used when generating the Invoice.
When hosting Events for People & Organisations, the radio buttons for where to send the invoice are now in the Invoice Details section. Selecting the employer will then trigger the Organisation Field to become required and the VAT No. field will appear.
Improved Attendee Matching
We have made a number of changes to the matching criteria used when attendee information is submitted to Workbooks for both People and Organisation Records. This will reduce the likelihood of duplicate records being created in the database when people are creating Orders or purchasing Tickets.
Configurable Error Messages
Error messages are now configurable within the Event Portal Parameters, these can be set on the initial install or at a later date. For example it could be used to tell attendees who they can contact for support should any errors be encountered.
Sold out Events
We have made it easier for attendees to see if an upcoming Event is sold out of Tickets. This can be seen from the Event’s details page as well as on the Ticket Registration Page.
Event Products will no longer be referred to as Products when registering for an Event, but as Items. This is to reflect the fact you may be offering more than just tickets at your Events.
Dietary & accessibility requirements
You can now control whether attendees will be asked for their dietary and accessibility requirements when signing up for an Event. This is controlled by two checkboxes on the Event Record itself so they can be hidden for events where it is not necessary to know this information, such as webinars.
Login button on the Events Homepage
Users are able to login to their account and access their tickets and invoices from the Upcoming events page. This page now displays a 'Login' button in the top right hand corner of the screen.
Return to Events home page from Accounts
The account screen has also been updated to include a button to allow users to navigate back to the Events home page using the “Events” button.
Password reset redirects users back to Events
Once a user has completed a password reset, they will be now redirected back to the login page where they originally requested the password reset. This means that if a user requests a password reset while trying to register for a specific Event, they will be returned to that Event once the password reset is complete, rather than having to find the Event on the homepage.