- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Installing the Event Management Portal
- Amending Event Portal Parameters
- GatorMail Integration
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Calculated Columns
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Compliance Record
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- Jira Issue to new Case
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
Upgrading from a previous version
When using an older version of the Outlook Connector, you will receive the below notification when you run a sync. This means you should install the latest version by downloading it from our 'Download/update the Outlook Connector' page.
The Workbooks Outlook Connector allows the user to simply upgrade without having to uninstall previous versions first. To do this, simply run the installer as detailed below and if an installation of the Connector is detected you will be prompted with the following message:
If no installation is present, the installation will carry on as detailed below. Apart from the screenshot above, the installation process is the same as installing the Workbooks Outlook Connector on a new machine.
First time installation
The short video below runs through how to install the Outlook Connector.
Alternatively, please follow these written steps below to install the Outlook Connector.
Please be aware that anti-virus scanners might prohibit the download of the Connector files.
In this situation, you may need to temporarily disable your security system to allow the download but of course, remember to activate it again.
Step 1: Running the installer
Using the download link on the System Requirements & Download page, obtain a copy of the Workbooks Outlook Connector suitable for your environment. The version you require depends on whether your Outlook installation is 32 or 64 bit. Your internal IT team will be able to provide detail around which version you should download.
Depending on your browser settings, the download might be stored in a different location to this guide. For the purposes of this example, the browser has stored this in the Downloads Folder. Double-click on this to start the installation. Again, dependent on your Windows settings, you could be presented with a run or cancel dialog box, click run to begin the installation if required.
Step 2: The Installation Wizard
This is the first screen of the installation wizard that you will see. Simply click Next to continue.
The next screen will allow you to install the Workbooks Outlook Connector for all users that use a particular machine or only for the currently logged in user. If a machine is only used by one person, you should select the second option here then click Next.
NOTE: Bear in mind that if this environment changes at any point then you will be required to uninstall and re-install the Connector to change to an installation where the software can be used for all users.
The next screen will then allow you to choose where you would like to install the Workbooks Outlook Connector. The default is shown below and unless you do not have permission on your machine to install software to this folder then you can simply leave this as the default. Click Next once you are happy with the installation location.
On the screenshot, shown below, you should simply click Install. This will require system administration rights within Windows to continue. If your Windows account does not have such privileges then you will be asked to either provide a password for someone that does or you will need to login as them and restart the installation wizard.
If successful, you will see one final screen; click Finish to complete the installation.
The Workbooks Outlook Connector can be uninstalled in the same way as any other Windows application. From the control panel, you will see an entry for the Workbooks Outlook Connector and sometimes an entry can be seen for Workbooks Outlook Connector Profile. When uninstalling, both entries should be removed.