- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Installing the Event Management Portal
- Amending Event Portal Parameters
- GatorMail Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- People & Organisations
Electronic Signing Tools
- Docusign Integration
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Reporting
- Using Reports
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Compliance Record
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
Displaying & Adding Transaction Documents
Clicking following the path Start > Finance you will have access to each of the Customer Transactions Landing Pages.
Opportunities, Quotations and Customer Orders can also be viewed by navigating to the Landing Page for that object type (eg, Start > Sales > Opportunities or Quotations or Customer Orders).
The different Customer Transactions Landing Pages you can select from are:
- Customer Quotations - all the Quotations on your database.
- Customer Orders - all the Customer Orders on your database.
- Customer Invoices - all the Invoices on your database.
- Customer Contracts - all the Contracts on your database.
- Customer Credit Notes - all the Credit Notes on your database.
- Supplier Orders - all the Supplier Orders on your database.
To open any of the records displayed in the views above, hover over the row until it becomes underlined and click on it.
To create a Customer Transaction within Workbooks either:
- Click Start > Finance > Customer Transactions and choose New Quotation/Order/Invoice/Credit Note from the Actions options on the left-hand side; or:
- Navigate to the appropriate Landing Page and choose New Quotation or New Order; or:
- Open an existing Customer Transaction document and use the Copy Document function to generate a new record.
- Follow the path Start > New and select the document type you wish to create.
NOTE: You can open the customer record for the transaction by clicking on the icon at the top of the header or next to the customer name. Similarly, if the transaction is based on an existing Opportunity, you can open that record by clicking on the icon next to the Opportunity name. You can see which Opportunity the document was created from by viewing the 'created from document' and 'created from reference' columns on the Landing Pages.
See the page on Transaction Documents Fields Help to learn more about completing the upper section of a Transaction Document and the page on Transaction Documents Line Items Help to learn more about populating the Line Items grid.