- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- WESS System Requirements
- Setting up the WESS
- Synchronising Emails
- Synchronising People & Contacts
- Synchronising Tasks & Meetings
- WESS Troubleshooting
- The WESS Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Loqate
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Reporting Explained
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
Customising Workbooks allows you to view and access data in the way that best suits your personal working style.
Many of the screens you'll see in Workbooks display data in grids, ie, a table of columns and rows. This includes the Landing Pages (or home pages) for all areas of the database as well as the grids within each individual tab on a record and Line Item grids within Transaction Documents. You can configure the columns to suit your own requirements by adding, removing, rearranging and resizing columns and control the way rows are displayed by filtering and sorting/grouping data.
Within Landing Pages you can:
- Save the views you create, with a unique name.
- Add a Report as a Report View (Reports on Landing Pages).
- Set a default view that opens every time you open the Landing Page.
- Share saved named views with other Users/User Groups.
- Manage the visibility of and order in which saved named views are displayed.
- Rename saved named views.
When you've customised your view you can save it so that every time you choose this view it's laid out the same way (including any filters you've applied). Simply click View > Save. You can further modify it later and save it again to remember the additional changes.
Alternatively, you can save your customisation as a saved named view (which will appear in the left-hand column beneath the standard system-generated views). Click View > Save as, enter a unique name and click OK.
Reports can be added as Report Views. This is essentially displaying a report on a Landing Page. Click here for more info.
You can control which view appears when you first open a Landing Page by opening the view, clicking View and choosing Set as My Default View. You can change the default at any time simply by repeating these steps when you have a different view open.
You can share any saved named views with other Users by opening the named view, clicking the View icon and choosing Sharing Permissions. The window you see shows who currently has access to the view and you can narrow down or widen access by adding/removing ticks from the checkboxes for Read, Modify, Delete, Change Owner and Change Permissions. You can also click Add Rule to extend access to other Users or User Groups. The System Admin group will always have full access to all groups, but as a result in order to share the view with them you will either need to create another group to include those same users in or add the users individually.
NOTE: When creating views to share with other users, make sure you start with the All view to ensure that no records have already been filtered out. For example, if you start with the My view, this only includes records assigned to you (or watched by you), not to the User with whom you're sharing the view. When they open the view it will include a filter (which you can't see) that looks for records that are assigned to that user.
Managing Saved Views
In addition to specifying a default view for a Landing Page, you can also control the order in which saved views are displayed. To do this, click the cog symbol at the top of the Views section of the left-hand column. The window that appears shows all the views that either you've created or that have been shared with you.
By opening one of the named views you can:
- Control whether or not the view is displayed in the left-hand column using the Show checkbox.
- Move the view up or down in the list using the dropdown picklist next to Position and specifying where you want the view to appear.
You can rename saved views by opening the relevant view, clicking View > Rename and entering a new name.