- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- What is Spotler?
- Navigating your Spotler homepage
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Advanced Features
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- Supported email clients
- Set Up
- What gets synchronised?
- WESS Troubleshooting
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Tasks/Activities from Workbooks to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Sequences to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence States to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence Step Numbers to Workbooks
- Sync Prospects/Accounts/Opportunities from Outreach to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Adding Targets, Conditional Formatting and CSS Styling
- Reporting with multiple currencies
- Drilling into Summary Views
- Improving Report Performance & Run Time
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Reporting Explained
- Exporting Reports
- Types of Split Columns
- Using Calculated Columns
- Audit Reporting
- Okta Authentication
Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Displaying & Adding Transaction Documents
- Copying Transaction Documents
- Transaction Documents Fields Help
- Transaction Documents Line Items Help
- Printing & Sending Transaction Documents
- Managing Transaction Document Currencies
- Managing Transaction Document Statuses
- Setting a Blank Default Currency on Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Desktop Preferences
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- Workbooks Scripts
- API Data
- Triggers and Webhooks
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- September 2022 Release
- June 2022 Release
- March 2022 Release
- October 2021 Release
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- 2020 Releases
- 2019 Releases
- 2018 Releases
- 2017 Releases
- 2016 Releases
- Workbooks Glossary
Customising Workbooks allows you to view and access data in the way that best suits your personal working style.
Many of the screens you'll see in Workbooks display data in grids, ie, a table of columns and rows. This includes the Landing Pages (or home pages) for all areas of the database as well as the grids within each individual tab on a record and Line Item grids within Transaction Documents. You can configure the columns to suit your own requirements by adding, removing, rearranging and resizing columns and control the way rows are displayed by filtering and sorting/grouping data.
Within Landing Pages you can:
- Save the views you create, with a unique name.
- Add a Report as a Report View (Reports on Landing Pages).
- Set a default view that opens every time you open the Landing Page.
- Share saved named views with other Users/User Groups.
- Manage the visibility of and order in which saved named views are displayed.
- Rename saved named views.
- Collapse menu
There are various different views that can be used within Landing Pages:
- Grid View - the out of the box view which shows information from records in an almost excel format.
- View as Calendar - ideal for looking at Activities and Meetings within a calendar to show when they are taking place, like what you would see within an Outlook Calendar.
- View as Map - can be filtered to show however many miles another Organisation is from another Organisation.
- View as Map & Grid - same as the above but split the Landing Page in half to show the map as well as grid view.
- View as Cards - can be configured to view the information on a certain record with cards. Can also be customised to show only information you want to see.
- View as List - view the information within cards, but unlike Card View, these are not configurable.
When you've customised your view you can save it so that every time you choose this view it's laid out the same way (including any filters you've applied). Simply click View > Save. You can further modify it later and save it again to remember the additional changes.
Alternatively, you can save your customisation as a saved named view (which will appear in the left-hand column beneath the standard system-generated views). Click View > Save as, enter a unique name and click OK.
Reports can be added as Report Views. This is essentially displaying a report on a Landing Page. Click here for more info.
You can control which view appears when you first open a Landing Page by opening the view, clicking View and choosing Set as My Default View. You can change the default at any time simply by repeating these steps when you have a different view open.
You can share any saved named views with other Users by opening the named view, clicking the View icon and choosing Sharing Permissions. The window you see shows who currently has access to the view and you can narrow down or widen access by adding/removing ticks from the checkboxes for Read, Modify, Delete, Change Owner and Change Permissions. You can also click Add Rule to extend access to other Users or User Groups. The System Admin group will always have full access to all groups, but as a result in order to share the view with them you will either need to create another group to include those same users in or add the users individually.
NOTE: When creating views to share with other users, make sure you start with the All view to ensure that no records have already been filtered out. For example, if you start with the My view, this only includes records assigned to you (or watched by you), not to the User with whom you're sharing the view. When they open the view it will include a filter (which you can't see) that looks for records that are assigned to that user.
Managing Saved Views
In addition to specifying a default view for a Landing Page, you can also control the order in which saved views are displayed. To do this, click the cog symbol at the top of the Views section of the left-hand column. The window that appears shows all the views that either you've created or that have been shared with you.
By opening one of the named views you can:
- Control whether or not the view is displayed in the left-hand column using the Show checkbox.
- Move the view up or down in the list using the dropdown picklist next to Position and specifying where you want the view to appear.
You can rename saved views by opening the relevant view, clicking View > Rename and entering a new name.
List Views will allow you to see information in a more condensed view, showing the most relevant information. This is currently set up on the Summary tab, Activities, Emails, Notes and Related Items.
NOTE: The List View will show up as 'Timeline View' within the Summary tab.
To change the Landing Page or Tab to the List View click on View > View as <Record> List. The below is an example of View as Activity List.
You can remove the menu (area in blue) on a landing page by clicking the collapse icon.