- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Outlook Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using PCA Predict
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Using Reports
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
Triggers and Webhooks
Triggers and Webhooks
Within Workbooks it is possible to create and define both Triggers and Webhooks.
What are Triggers and Webhooks?
Triggers are a predefined action that activates a Webhook or Webhooks. Examples of possible Triggers include the creation of a Case or the Qualification of a Sales Lead.
Webhooks are User defined HTTP callbacks. They are activated by the Trigger, and they make an HTTP request to the URL configured for that Webhooks. They can be configured to cause events or behaviour in the same or other website packages. They can be used to build continuous integration between two systems or create automation within a single system. They can accomplish this without further infrastructure to either system.
What will they allow you to do?
With the use of Triggers and Workbooks, you will no longer need a Developer to develop the Script or Automation you desire. It will also be possible to create your very own custom integrations within Workbooks that will allow you to Automate and speed up some of your workflows.
A Trigger can monitor certain a Record Type within Workbooks and carry out an action when a specific rule is met.
Workbooks comes with some native Triggers. These Triggers can be used independently but some of them may also be used in any integration being carried out with Zapier. Not all Workbooks Triggers will have a corresponding Zapier Trigger. These native Triggers include:
Triggers for the Creation of new Records;
- The Creation of a new Person.
- The Creation of a new Organisation.
- The Creation of a new Sales Lead.
- The Creation of a new Case.
- The Creation of a new Activity.
- The Creation of a new Product.
- The Creation of a new Marketing Campaign.
- The Creation of a new Meeting.
- The Creation of a new API Data record.
Other Triggers available in Workbooks;
- An Invoice being Posted.
- A Credit Note being Posted.
- An Order being Posted.
- A Quotation being Posted.
- A Supplier Order being Posted.
- A Contract becoming Active.
- A Contract becoming Inactive.
Although these Triggers are native they can be disabled and enabled by a click of checkbox whilst creating or modifying them. Webhooks are created from within a Trigger Record. Please continue for more information.
NOTE: If you cannot see Triggers and Webhooks in your configuration please ensure that the Module is active for the database.