With the Mapping module, you can create reports with map views to add as tabs on your records. For example, you could have a tab that shows all Open Opportunities within 20 miles of a customer ...
- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- What is Spotler?
- Navigating your Spotler homepage
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Advanced Features
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- Supported email clients
- Set Up
- What gets synchronised?
- WESS Troubleshooting
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Tasks/Activities from Workbooks to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Sequences to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence States to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence Step Numbers to Workbooks
- Sync Prospects/Accounts/Opportunities from Outreach to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Adding Targets, Conditional Formatting and CSS Styling
- Reporting with multiple currencies
- Drilling into Summary Views
- Improving Report Performance & Run Time
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Reporting Explained
- Exporting Reports
- Types of Split Columns
- Using Calculated Columns
- Audit Reporting
- Okta Authentication
Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Displaying & Adding Transaction Documents
- Copying Transaction Documents
- Transaction Documents Fields Help
- Transaction Documents Line Items Help
- Printing & Sending Transaction Documents
- Managing Transaction Document Currencies
- Managing Transaction Document Statuses
- Setting a Blank Default Currency on Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Desktop Preferences
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- Workbooks Scripts
- API Data
- Triggers and Webhooks
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- September 2022 Release
- June 2022 Release
- March 2022 Release
- October 2021 Release
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- 2020 Releases
- 2019 Releases
- 2018 Releases
- 2017 Releases
- 2016 Releases
- Workbooks Glossary
Using the Mapping Module
There is a helpful video that demonstrates the Mapping functionality on the Introduction page.
Using the Mapping Module
Once a User has been allocated a Mapping licence, they will see a ‘Map position’ column on People and Organisation Landing Pages. This will show a map pin if Workbooks has found a valid address for the address on that record: the lack of a map pin suggests there is no address for the record, or there may be an error in the address. The map position will only appear for the main location recorded on that record i.e. not the Home location or any additional addresses added.
By right clicking in the Map position column on a Landing Page, a context menu will open, allowing you to select to view that location on a map.
Any Landing Page or Report with this Map position column available will have the option to ‘View as Map’ or ‘View as Map & List’. This will then plot the first 1,000 records on a map.
NOTE: Changing the order of the results e.g. via sorting will change which records are plotted on the map. Sorting by the Map Location column will order the Results by their latitude coordinates, so you may see results primarily at the top or bottom of your search area.
Clicking on one of the mapped pins in a landing page will show you:
- The Name of the Person or Organisation – clicking on this will open up that record.
- The ‘main’ address of the record it corresponds to.
- An option to ‘View in Google Maps’.
NOTE: You have greater flexibility over what appears when you click on a map pin within reports – further information about this can be found in the Reporting on Mapping section below.
It is possible to apply filters to the Map Position, asking for those within a set number of miles or km of a location. A red pin will be put in place for the location set in the conditions of your filter; in the below example the red pin points to ORG-1.
You can filter the Map Position by entering:
- A postcode.
- The Object Reference of a record in your database - for Organisations, People and Leads as they are the only records with a location.
- An arbitrary value like Reading or Hampshire. – It will choose the centre point of that location and search out from there.
Additionally, you can filter based on the accuracy of the position by using the Map Position Rank column. The Rank is a number from 0 to 31, where the higher the number, the more accurate the map position is. We also represent the varying ranks by placing an icon within the pin on the map, as per below.
Represents locations which could only be mapped to large geographical areas such as County, State or Country level. These pins have a map position rank between 1 to 12
Represents locations which could be mapped to an area which is between city-size and suburb. These pins will have a map position rank between 13 to 20.
Represents locations which could be mapped to a neighbourhood or a specific location. These pins will have a map position rank between 21 to 31.
If filtering by the Object reference, it will show the name of the record and the object reference as well as the address.Clicking on the red pin will show you its location in different ways depending on how the map position filter has been applied. For example:
- If filtering by a name of a place, it will show the matched name so you can determine if that is a relevant match - i.e. if you type in 'Botley' you'll get 'Botley, Buckinghamshire, South East, England, UK' back but you may have wanted 'Botley, Oxford' or 'Botley, Hampshire' instead.
If your search results in a match to multiple possible locations, Workbooks will choose one of these, but if it is not the correct one, you just need to narrow your search down further by adding more keywords to the location. If is unable to find a relevant location, it will return no results.
It is possible to apply multiple Map Position filters, using the ‘Match all filter condition’ or ‘Match any filter conditions’. For example, if you use ‘Match all filter conditions’, you can find all Organisations within 20 miles of your Own Organisation and within 20 miles of London:
Or you can use ‘Match any filter conditions’ to find all of the Organisations within 20 miles of your Own Organisation or within 20 miles of London:
While the additional addresses for a record cannot be displayed within Landing pages or Reports, you can see these as pins on a map within the Contact Details tab on the record. The Map Position will get recalculated whenever an address gets updated.
Organisation Records will automatically have a ‘Nearby’ tab, which will by default show all Organisations within 20 miles of that Organisation. These filters can be amended, e.g. to show only the Organisations that are customers.
Map Position Status
A Map Position field will be available on Organisation, People and Lead records. The field is read only and it will show one of the following pieces of information:
- The latitude and longitude of the location (if an address had been found)
- The status of the mapping (e.g. 'Being mapped...', 'user-specified')
- If there was an error mapping (e.g. 'Address incomplete' or 'Address not found')
Clicking on the blue pin on the left of this field will show you a map with the current mapped location.
You can then right-click on the map to move the pin to a new location or choose to move the pin back to the last saved location. Manually moving the pin to a new location will update the Rank to '31' and set the Map Position to a status of User defined.
Remember to save the record after you have amended the map position if you want the new position to be saved. If you want to revert back to the default position found by Workbooks rather than the last saved, you should make a change to the address so it recognises it as a new address and it will then re-map after saving it.
NOTE: If you use form layouts then the field may not appear automatically. You may need to open and save the form layout within Configuration, and in some cases move the field to the correct position on the form layout.
Reporting on Map position
It is possible to add the Map position column to reports, and once you have done so, you will have the option to view the results of the report on a map. For example, you could build an open Opportunity report containing the address and map location of the prospective customer. Find out more about reporting on Map Position here.
These reports can be added to tabs on records, or as a report/ report cell on the Main tab. These can be constrained as normal, for example, by the Object Reference or Id of the record.
With the Mapping module, you can create reports with map views to add as tabs on your records, including on Marketing Campaigns. Why Should I make this Report? It will allow you to see the ...
This Forum post will run through how you can use the Mapping Module to add a new tab to your Opportunity records which display all Organisations within 50 miles of the Opportunity you have open. Step ...