I need to create/edit product categories. When I create a new product, I am asked for "Category" but I just can choose a pre-defined values. I can't change this in Configuration>Customisation>Picklis ...
- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Desktop Environment
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Importing Data
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
- Workbooks Web Insights
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Formulae
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- Jira Issue to new Case
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
- Users & Security
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
Workbooks does not allow you to delete a Supply Scheme once it has been used in a Transaction Document.
A Supply Scheme enables you to set a range of standard costs for a Product from a specific supplier. The ability to set multiple costs for a Product allows you to:
- Create special prices.
- Identify Product brands from different suppliers (without creating separate Product records).
- Apply different costs to specific volumes of goods/services.
A Supply Scheme consists of a scheme name, supplier reference code, description, supplier name and also provides fields for cost and tax codes. In addition, a scheme can have a defined start and end date.
The ability to set multiple costs for a Product allows you to create special costs, identify brands different from suppliers without the need for separate Product records. Supply schemes are available and selectable within both customer and supplier transactions.
To add a Supply Scheme to a Product, open the Product record and with the Supply Schemes tab open, click on Add Supply Scheme.
The only compulsory fields are Name and Supplier. The name should be for the scheme not for the Product and this will be selectable on a transaction document line item. Choose a supplier using the dropdown picklist. Your choices will be limited to those Organisations which have been designated as being a supplier to any Own Organisation on your database.
NOTE: The description field is used to describe the Supply Scheme itself NOT the Product as the Product Description has already been entered in the top half of the record.
Complete the other fields as appropriate and when finished click Save or Save & Close.
NOTE: Only users with a Workbooks Business licence have access to Supply Schemes.