- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Installing the Event Management Portal
- Amending Event Portal Parameters
- GatorMail Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Calculated Columns
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Compliance Record
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
Creating & Modifying Picklists
Creating a new Picklist
You can create as many new Picklists as you require but remember that the same Picklist can be used for more than one field so you might be able to reuse an existing one.
To create a new Picklist click Start > Configuration > Customisation > Picklists> New Picklist.
When creating your Picklist, consider the following:
- Name - choose a name that gives an indication of what the contents relate to. The name will not be visible to Users but is used when creating a Custom Field to indicate which Picklist to use.
- Description - add a description to help further identify what the Picklist is used for. You might, for example, want to include information here on which Custom Fields use this Picklist, which could be helpful if you decide to amend the values in the Picklist as you'll have reminder about which fields use this Picklist.
- Unrestricted - if you want Users to be able to type in their own choice of data rather than having to use an option from the Picklist, put a tick in this checkbox. If you want to limit the Users to only the options offered in the Picklist, leave this checkbox empty. NOTE: If you want to use the Picklist with a MultiSelect field do not allow unrestricted entries.
- Alphabetic Sort - If this setting is on, then the Picklist values will be sorted Alphabetically. Turning the setting off allows you to change the order of the values.
- Translate Entries - Enable this setting to show Picklist values differently depending on the user's language if you have the Multi Language extension. Disabling the setting will hide the 'Display Value' field on the Picklist entry.
Click the Add button to start adding values to your Picklist. You can control the order in which the Picklist options are displayed using the values next to Position. Your Picklist values will be shown here in the order in which they'll appear when a User opens the Picklist on a record.
You can remove values from a Picklist using the Delete button on the right-hand side.
When you've made all the changes you require, click Save & Close.
NOTE: It is not possible to add multiple picklist entries of the same value.
Modifying an Existing Picklist
To modify the selections available in an existing Picklist, simply click on the name of the Picklist and either click Add to create more options or use the Delete button at the end of each row to remove existing ones. You can also amend the Display Values of existing picklist entries, and amend the name of the Picklist itself. The original name will still exist in the field 'Internal name'.
NOTE: Whilst you can modify the contents of some system generated Picklists by deleting or adding values, some others (such as Activity Statuses) contain values that cannot be deleted. You cannot alter which Picklist standard system fields utilise. However, if you have the 'Translate Entries' setting turned on for the Picklist, you can change their Display Value.
The values on existing picklists that are used to describe the status of a record can be linked to an Associated Record State of either 'Open' or 'Closed'. This enables you to allocate a value to a record that controls whether or not the record then appears in Open or Closed views, as well as making reporting on All Open or All Closed records much easier.
Activity Statuses, Campaign Statuses and Case Statuses are all examples of Status Picklists