- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- GatorMail Integration
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Formulae
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Compliance Record
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- Jira Issue to new Case
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
Accounting Periods in Workbooks are important - without them you will not be able to generate Forecasts or Quotas and you won't be able to generate Reports based on specific Accounting Periods, so make sure you set yours up before starting to use Workbooks.
Accounting Periods are usually a month in length with twelve periods making a full financial year. For Organisations that do not have this accounting structure, alternative time period lengths can be set up.
Within Workbooks an Accounting Period is assigned to financial records, such as an Invoice which will enable you to track and report your financial performance by period and groups of periods.
As soon as an Accounting Period has been 'used' within a Workbooks record (in a Sales Forecast or a Transaction Document, for example), the period cannot be amended or deleted.
If you have more than one Own Organisation in the same database, they must all share the same Accounting Periods.
Remember to set your future Accounting Periods far enough in advance to cater for the typical length of your sales process.
Setting up your Accounting Periods
To set up your Accounting Periods click Start > Configuration and click on the + symbol next to Accounting. Then click on Accounting Periods > Add.
Workbooks will populate all the fields for you except Period style BUT check that the Year Name and Start and End Dates are correct and in line with your Financial Year.
Use the dropdown picklist next to Period style to select the sub-periods you want to apply. (The most commonly used option is Calendar Months.)
When you're happy that the data is correct, click Create.
If you want to delete an Accounting Period, click Edit and delete the appropriate periods.
NOTE: You cannot delete an Accounting Period once it has been referenced within a Transaction Document so take care to set them up correctly. If you need to amend them after Transaction Documents have been created, you might need to have them changed by our engineers, which would be a chargeable service.