- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Desktop Environment
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
- Workbooks Web Insights
- GatorMail Integration
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Formulae
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- Jira Issue to new Case
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
- Users & Security
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
Typically you'll undertake marketing activity where you want to communicate with a targeted group of People / Organisations / Leads, based on a shared attribute or group of attributes. For example, you might be releasing a new product or service and want to communicate with all the People who have already bought from you.
Workbooks enables you to create a Marketing Campaign and add 'Members' to that Campaign. The Members are your target audience, ie the People / Organisations / Leads with whom you want to communicate.
Most commonly the list of members is created by first generating a report that identifies your audience, although you can also add new People / Organisations / Leads individually. When adding People or Leads to a Campaign, that Person or Lead's email address can be used to send a mailshot.
Organisation records in Workbooks don't include email addresses so the usual purpose of adding them to a Campaign is to call the Organisation in order to find out who the right Person is to contact there.
NOTE: If you add a custom field to an Organisation record to hold a generic email address (such as firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com), this address will not be available within the Campaign as an email destination.
You can record the Campaign dates, the budget for the Campaign, the target revenue to be generated and the goals for the Campaign as well as creating Notes and Activities associated with that Campaign.
The success of a Marketing Campaign can be measured by mapping results to goals so you can get real-time information on the status of your Campaign and get accurate feedback about the return on your marketing investments. You can also run reports on Campaign data to work out, for example, the cost of Leads generated per Campaign.
You can send Mail Shots to the Campaign members, so you can easily target your marketing.
As your Campaign runs it generates Leads and Opportunities. These are recorded on the Campaign record, which allows you to analyse the success of the Campaign.