- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- WESS System Requirements
- Setting up the WESS
- Synchronising Emails
- Synchronising People & Contacts
- Synchronising Tasks & Meetings
- WESS Troubleshooting
- The WESS Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Loqate
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Reporting Explained
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
Integrating Workbooks and Constant Contact
Workbooks can be integrated with Constant Contact, which is a cloud-based email marketing platform. The integration allows you to synchronise Workbooks Campaign Members into Constant Contact as lists. Each Campaign in Workbooks creates a separate 'list' in Constant Contact.
The opt-in/opt-out status between the Workbooks Campaign and Constant Contact will be maintained, so if a recipient opts out of an email in Constant Contact then the email opt-out flag is set on the Person or Lead record in Workbooks. You can then use Constant Contact to send your Campaign.
- You have the capability to access the Configuration Landing Page.
- You know your login details for Constant Contact.
- The Mail Shots third party integration module has been switched on.
- The Constant Contact Module has been selected. This can be done by navigating to Start > Configuration > Users & Security > Licences & Modules > Modules. Ensure the checkbox next to Constant Contact integration has been ticked.
Setting up your Constant Contact Integration
Navigate to Start > Configuration > Email & Integration > Constant Contact API.
Copy the Redirect URL information and keep it as it is required at a later point in the setup. Next, create a new Constant Contact API key by clicking on the hyperlink provided. At this stage, you'll be taken to a new tab within your browser where you'll be asked to enter your Constant Contact login details.
Once you have logged in you need to follow the link for requesting a new API Key. You're required to enter information regarding the Constant Contact Integration. Enter Workbooks in the API Key Display Name field, a valid email address and set Multiple Accounts to No.
Next, paste the Workbooks redirect URL that you copied earlier into the field called Redirect URL: (used in OAuth 2.0 requests). Then confirm you've read and accepted the Constant Contact API Terms and Conditions and then select Request an API Key. You'll now be shown details of the API key you've just generated.
The next step is to allow Workbooks to communicate with your Constant Contact account. Return to your Constant Contact form in Workbooks, select Authorise Workbooks API access and follow the wizard.
When you select Authorise Workbooks API access a new window will appear asking for further authorisation information. (If this window doesn't appear, it is likely that your browser's popup blocker has prevented it from doing so. It's worth checking your browser settings to prevent this from happening.)
You will be asked for your Constant Contact API Key (previously generated). After this, you will be asked if you want to grant access to your Constant Contact account, which you should allow. Following this, you will be asked to enter your Consumer Secret Key (also previously generated). After you have entered this a screen will appear stating that Workbooks has been authorised to access your Constant Contact account via their API.
Constant Contact Attribute Mappings
As well as synchronising names and email addresses between Workbooks and Constant Contact you can also synchronise other fields between the two systems. This is controlled using the Attribute Mappings table.
You can control which fields in Workbooks are available for use within emails generated in Constant Contact. These can be added by clicking Add and using the drop-down list to select the appropriate Workbooks Field Name. Notice that if a field is only available for either a Person record or a Sales Lead record this is shown in brackets after the field name.
Fields that are common to both Sales Leads and People are not followed by anything in brackets. You can then map these fields to a specified Custom Field within Constant Contact.
Synchronising a Workbooks Campaign with Constant Contact
To synchronise your Campaign with Constant Contact, on the Campaign Record select the Constant Contact Integration button. Follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
NOTE: If you also have Workbooks integrated with MailChimp, the first page of the wizard will give you the option to select either MailChimp or Constant Contact.
Script to push Workbooks Campaigns into Constant Contact
When you've completed the Constant Contact integration wizard the Workbooks Campaign is automatically synchronised to Constant Contact using a script that runs periodically. The script runs at regular intervals to accommodate any additional changes made to the Campaign since it was last synchronised with Constant Contact. These intervals can be specified to meet your requirements.
To view or change the interval click Start > Configuration > Automation > Processes and select the process on the right called '_Sync to Constant Contact list'.
Viewing Lists in Constant Contact
Now that the script has run you can view your Workbooks Campaign and its Members within Constant Contact. Click on the Contacts option at the top of the Constant Contact homepage.
Here you'll see the lists which are stored within Constant Contact. You will have a list called All Workbooks Contacts and a list called Constant Contact Test. The first list stores all the Members which belong to Workbooks Campaigns and have been synchronised with Constant Contact.
The latter represents the individual Workbooks Campaign that has been synchronised. The Constant Contact list takes its name from the value in the public name field of the corresponding Workbooks Campaign.
Within each list, you can drill down to see the individual members of that list. If a Marketing Campaign member is removed from the Campaign or their Campaign Email Status is changed to unsubscribe then that member will be removed from the corresponding Constant Contact list.
Emailing from Constant Contact
You can use the wizard within Constant Contact to send your mailshot. To do so click on the 'Emails Tab' and then 'Create'. Within the design wizard, there are a number of predesigned email templates which can be used as they are or customised to send to your list members. Alternatively, Constant Contact allows you to create your own template using the editor provided. If you have the correct HTML skills, you can create a template from scratch.
Once you have designed your email you can send it to its recipients. At the 'Schedule' stage of the wizard, you are required to enter some final information, such as the subject title, the list you wish to send to and the from/reply-to email address. You then have the option to either 'Send Now' or 'Schedule', with both doing exactly what they state.
Reporting with Constant Contact
Once you have sent your email campaign it is possible to see information on who (if anyone) has opted out of email. This can be seen on the Email tab on the Marketing Campaign record.