- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Installing the Event Management Portal
- Amending Event Portal Parameters
- GatorMail Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- People & Organisations
Electronic Signing Tools
- People, Organisations & Cases with DocuSign
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- Taking Payments with DocuSign
- Creating a Document with a DocuSign Template
- Creating a Document with a Workbooks PDF
- Managing DocuSign Documents
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Introduction to Reporting
- Using Reports
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Compliance Record
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
Running and Reviewing your Import
When you're happy with all the settings click Run at the top of the screen. Your import will be placed in a queue and you'll be notified when it's ready for review. In the meantime, you can carry on using Workbooks as normal.
The notification will look similar to this:
When you receive the notification, click Open to generate a screen similar to the one below.
This screen gives you information on the success (or otherwise) of your import. The summary tab shows you the Status of your import (in this example, the Status is Awaiting Review), as well as showing you statistics about the number of rows successfully/partially imported or rejected.
The second tab shows the data that has been fully/partially imported. You can click on the records to open them to check that the right fields have been populated with the correct import data and that they are linked (if appropriate) to the right records.
Until the import is Approved, only the User carrying out the import has access to these records. (The User carrying out the import can also open the relevant Landing Page, where imported rows awaiting review will be highlighted in blue.)
The Errors tab will show any records that could not be imported along with information on why they weren't imported. Similarly the Warnings tab shows information about any problems with importing that have resulted in only a partial import of data, as illustrated in the screenshot below.
Notice that to help you identify what has caused an error or warning you're given information about which row of your source data has been problematic, as well as being given an error message showing information about the nature of the problem.
In this example (a People import where the records were to be linked to existing Organisation records), the employer Organisations don't already exist on Workbooks so it wasn't possible to link the People to them.
Opening the Imported Records tab allows you to click and open the records awaiting approval so you can check that the right fields have been populated with the correct import data. We strongly recommend that you carry out spot checks of this data to ensure that the import has created the records as you expected.
Once you're happy with the imported data click Approve. This will complete the import and make your records visible to other Workbooks Users.
If you're not happy with the import you can click Reject, which will remove all the records created via your import and reset the status of the import job to Not Run.
NOTE: Clicking Close simply closes the window, whereas clicking Delete will delete the entire import and discard the uploaded data file.
Until the import is either Approved or Rejected, the records will be visible in Landing Pages (highlighted in blue) but only for the User carrying out the import.
NOTE: It is important that all your imports are either Approved or Rejected and are not left in any other state. Approving an import will change the Status to Complete and Rejecting it will change the Status to Not Run. Leaving an import in any other state is likely to cause problems on your database and possibly corrupt your data.
When an Administration User logs into a database and there are imports awaiting a response within that database, there will be a warning banner displayed on the top of the screen similar to the one below.
By clicking on this banner the user will be directed to an import Landing Page filtered to show the Imports that require attention. This includes information on when the import was created, run and the current status of that import, see below.
By clicking on any of these records, the user will be directed to the screen in which you can Review your Import.