To create a new Case you can:
- Click Start > Cases > New Case; or:
- Click Start > New > Case; or:
- Open the record for the person who's reported the Case and on the main tab click New > Case.
- Open the record for the person who's reported the Case, open the Cases tab and click Add Case > New Case.
Alternatively, if you have the Contract module you can:
- Open the Contract record relating to the goods/services for which support has been requested, open the Cases tab and click New Case.
When logging a new Case, check you're happy with the default settings for Priority and Status and enter a Summary.
Being as descriptive as possible with all the fields will allow you to find Cases more easily and will increase the relevance of any Reports you run on Cases, so enter a Description and populate as many fields as possible before clicking Save & Close.
To relate a Case to a Contract and, if relevant, specific Line Items within that Contract, open the Customer Contract reveal. Clicking on the dropdown menu next to Contract Name will show a list of Contracts on your database (except those with a status of Closed). If you entered a Primary Contact for the Case, this list will be reduced to show only those Contracts for that Primary Contact's employing Organisation.
Once you've associated a Contract with a Case you can see (in read-only mode) the Contract Start and End Dates, its Status, Type and Reference number. You will also see a grid showing any Line Items on the Contract.
You can use the checkbox next to the relevant Line Item to associate the Case with one or more specific Line Items. NOTE: Line Items cannot be edited or deleted from within a Case. If amendments are required they should be made within the Contract. Amendments can only be made by Users with the relevant Capabilities (ie, Edit Posted Customer Contracts and/or Edit Posted Customer Contracts Custom fields).
When the Case has been resolved you should enter the details of the resolution within the Resolution Information reveal.
- My Open Cases - a subset of all the Cases showing a list of those open Cases assigned to you or that you're Watching;
- All Cases - a list of those all the Cases on your database;
- Open Cases - a list of all the open Cases on your database;
To open any of the records displayed in the views above, hover over the row until it becomes underlined and click on it.