- Using your Dropbox
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
- Mail Shots
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
- Users & Security
- Email & Integration
- PDF Configuration
If you want to forward emails from an address other than your login email, remember to add that email address to your list of authorised senders.
- How to automatically cc/bcc the email dropbox when sending emails in Outlook
- Dropbox email matching problems
- Attaching emails to Workbooks records
- How can I get customer email replies to appear in Workbooks without manually forwarding them to the Dropbox?
- Receiving Emails
- Leads - reassign to another sales rep
- How do I get fields to map / transfer from the Sales Leads to other objects created during the sales lead conversion process?
- Sales Leads that are not members of a marketing campaign
- Making the Object Reference visible on the main tab of a record
- Automatic Salutation filling for Person Records
- Forwarding emails that have been sent to you (so are in your email client);
- Copying your Dropbox on emails sent from outside Workbooks (eg, via Outlook, GMail, etc).
Either way, once the email arrives in your Dropbox Workbooks will look for the appropriate record(s) within your database against which to store the email, in two ways:
- Email address matching - if the original email contains an email address (in the To, Cc or From fields) that corresponds with an email address for a Person or Lead within Workbooks, the email will be stored against that Person or Lead record. NOTE: Your Dropbox will match on either the primary email address (in the main tab of the record) or any alternative email addresses stored in the Contact Details tab on the Person or Lead record.
- Object reference matching - if the original email contains a Workbooks Object Reference (or References), the email will be stored against the corresponding record (or records). The Information icon in the top right-hand corner of a record shows the Object Reference. You can hover over the icon for quick access to the Object Reference or you can click on it to open a window which shows not only the Object Reference but also information on when and by whom the record was created / updated. You can copy and paste the reference into either the body or the subject field of your email, which enables Workbooks to identify which record to store the email against. You can include multiple Object References in one email so that the email is stored against multiple records. NOTE; You must replicate the Object Reference exactly, including the dash in the middle and you can include up to 500 Object References in each mail. Any more than this will prevent the email from being related to any Workbooks records.
Forwarding email to your Dropbox
Wherever possible when forwarding emails to your Dropbox ensure you forward them as attachments rather than as inline emails. This is because when forwarding as inline emails, most email clients do not retain the original email addresses, which Workbooks needs in order to 'recognise' and store the email(s) against the right record(s) in your database. If you want to forward more than one email message you can forward multiple emails as attachments in one email to your Dropbox and Workbooks will work out which email to store against which record. If you use Outlook and want some help with forwarding as attachments, please click here to download some guidance.
Some email clients (Hotmail and Gmail, for example) do not offer the option of forwarding as an attachment, however these services retain the original email addresses when the email is forwarded so should still be 'recognised' by Workbooks.
Copying email to your Dropbox
If you're creating an email outside Workbooks (within Outlook or GMail, for example) and want it to be stored against a record (or records) within Workbooks, you can simply include the Dropbox email address in the Bcc field.
Where will Dropbox emails be stored?
In addition, emails matched to People or Leads will appear in the Summary and Emails tabs for the relevant People and Leads. Emails matched against an Object Reference will appear in the Summary, Emails and Related Items tabs for the relevant record.
The Related Items tab on the email itself will list all the Workbooks records that the email is stored against.