- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Desktop Environment
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Importing Data
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
- Mail Shots
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Formulae
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Introduction to System Administration
- Users & Security
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
Introduction to Forecasts & Quotas
Workbooks enables you to create real-time sales Forecasts. Forecasts show Opportunities in your sales cycle that are committed to close and those that are 'best case' Opportunities, allowing you to see the latest status of your business.
These Forecasts can be created individually for each sales executive and then be rolled-up into Forecasts for sales management. They include both revenue and gross margin information. Forecasts display sales progress against sales targets. Within Workbooks sales targets are known as Quotas.
A sales Quota must have been set up for a given Accounting Period before a Forecast can be created.
Displaying Forecasts & Quotas
Forecasts where the Quota has been reached or exceeded are coloured green.
Forecasts where the Quota has not yet been reached are coloured red.
Clicking on Start > Sales > Forecasts displays the Forecasts Landing Page.
The Forecasts Landing Page displays a choice of views:
- My Sales Quotas - a subset of the All Sales Quotas view showing a list of all the sales Quotas created for you.
- All Sales Quotas - a list of all the sales Quotas on your database.
- My Forecasts - a subset of the All Forecasts view showing a list of all your current Forecasts.
- Active Forecasts - a list of all the current Forecasts on your database.
- Expired Forecasts - a list of all the Forecasts on your database for expired time periods.