- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
- Workbooks Web Insights
- GatorMail Integration
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Formulae
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Compliance Record
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- Jira Issue to new Case
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
Import Landing Pages
Workbooks has three native Views associated with Importing;
- My Imports.
- All Imports.
- Imports Requiring Attention.
As it is possible to apply filters here it is also possible to create your own so you can be more efficient in meeting your needs.
Creating your Own Import Management Landing Page View
An example of a View you may want to have is any Import in your system that had errors or warnings. To do this access the All Imports Landing Page and apply the appropriate filters;
When you are happy that the View is ready click the View Button at the top right of the image and select the ‘Save As’ button;
And choose an appropriate name for your View;
This View will now be available in your Views section to the left of the Landing Page. To make this your default View when looking at Imports select the cog button above your views and select the View you have just created;
Here you can change the position of the View, by placing it First it will appear at the top of your Views list and will also be your default View when accessing the Imports Landing Views;
Managing your Import
When reviewing an Import there is different information available to you fo0r review. This is collected in the associated tabs;
- Summary - this provides an overall description of the Import including its progress, numbers of errors and more.
- Affected Records – This shows information on which Records were either created or updated.
- Errors – This tab shows all of the errors that have occurred during the Import.
- Rejected data – This shows the rows in the uploaded file that enforced no change or action during the Import.
- Warnings – This shows the Warnings that Workbooks has logged whilst attempting to Import data
- Field Mapping Settings – This tab shows the mappings that were set during the Import Wizard.
- Error Handling settings – This tab shows the settings applied during the Import Wizard error handling configurations.
- Uploaded File – This tab shows the file that was uploaded to be Imported. This is very useful when reviewing errors and warnings.
When looking at the Error tab you will see 2 columns; Row and Message. The Row refers to the row in the uploaded file that this error refers to and the message provides information that explains the result of receiving the error and why the error occurred.
Using this information refer to the Uploaded File tab and locate the row in question and also the column that the Message column referred to. This will then allow you to identify the data to investigate. (In the example above the undefined method refers to the fact that that the Marketing Campaign Id provided in the uploaded file does not exist within Workbooks.)
Just like the Errors tab within the Warnings tab has two columns that carry out the same task. The first identifies the row in the uploaded file that the message refers to, the Message column shows more information on that warning;
By using this information, it is possible to correct the information in the Uploaded file so that Workbooks can carry out the action requested. In the image above this would be resolved by location the Campaign that was attempting to be updated and ensure that the values within the Uploaded file are consistent with the Values within Workbooks. It would then be necessary to upload the change file and attempt the Import again.
NOTE: When Managing Imports it is best practice to change the file that was uploaded to Workbooks rather than Exporting the Uploaded file from the Import Record. The act of exporting the file from the Import Record can affect the format of the file which can introduce other problems in the Importing process.