- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
- Workbooks Web Insights
- GatorMail Integration
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Formulae
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- Jira Issue to new Case
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
Integrating Dotmailer and Workbooks
Workbooks can be integrated with dotmailer, which is a cloud-based Email Marketing package. Within dotmailer you have the ability to create plain HTML emails, your own designed templates or you can use existing templates. Once you've done this you can use dotmailer to deliver the emails.
However, the integration doesn't stop there; after sending your emails it's possible to synchronise the resulting information back into Workbooks, giving you access to all your marketing information in one centralised location. The number of email bounces, email opens and click-through data is captured in dotmailer and then synced across to Workbooks enabling you to use the powerful Workbooks Reporting functionality to report on the data captured similar to that of the Mailchimp Integration that is also offered. See here for more information:
Mailchimp Integration Configuration: See here.
Reporting Basics: See here.
Marketing Campaigns and their respective Members can be synchronised between Workbooks and dotmailer automatically using a number of Scheduled Processes. There are a total of four Processes that are used to ensure that data is up-to-date in both systems as detailed below:
- _Dotmailer Members to Dotmailer - This will create Workbooks Campaign records in dotmailer as an "Address Book", the Members of the Campaign record (found on the Members tab in Workbooks) will appear under here. You'll find additional address books in dotmailer for each campaign that you sync across. A Workbooks Marketing Campaign will synchronise across to dotmailer providing it has been integrated and has an open record state.
- _Dotmailer People Leads to Dotmailer - This will update People and Leads that already exist in dotmailer with any new data about that record. For example, if you add a job title to a record in Workbooks this is reflected in dotmailer on the next run of the sync. This process will also sync any opt-out information that is captured in either system.
- _Dotmailer Activity to Workbooks - This process synchronises email opens, bounces and click-through data from dotmailer over to the relevant Marketing Campaign in Workbooks under a "dotmailer" section.
- _Dotmailer Monitor Imports - When an update or create is required by the first two processes, this creates an import job in dotmailer. This final process, monitors the queue of imports in dotmailer and reports back if there are any issues.
These Processes and any others that you may have configured on your Workbooks database can be viewed by navigating to Start > Configuration > Automation > Processes:
- Dotmailer limits the number of API calls per hour to 2000.
- Dotmailer is limited to 100 "Address Books" for dotmailer professional accounts and 1000 for dotmailer enterprise accounts. It is easier to think of an Address Book as a Marketing Campaign record in Workbooks.
- There are a number of custom field mapping restrictions with the dotmailer Integration as follows:
- Custom field limits 246 fields of type 'text'.
- 50 fields of type 'numeric'.
- 50 fields of type 'date/time'.
- 50 fields of type 'yes/no'.
- If any of the above limits are exceeded it will not be possible to add further field mappings between Workbooks and dotmailer. Existing field mappings may be deleted to free space for new mappings. Note that if the integration is to be used with an existing dotmailer account that account may already contain custom contact fields. These custom contact fields may not be mapped to Workbooks but will still count towards the number of fields that can be mapped.
- The Dotmailer module has been switched on. (Start > Configuration > Users & Security > Licences & Modules > Modules and check there's a tick in the checkbox next to Dotmailer integration.)
- There are several capabilities which allow a user to configure the integration in Workbooks which are:
- Access Configuration Landing Page
- View Dotmailer Configuration
- Modify Dotmailer Configuration
- Additionally, to view the synchronised data in Workbooks you will also need Capabilities for Marketing Campaigns should you wish to do more than just configure the integration:
- View Marketing Campaigns
- Modify Marketing Campaigns
- You will need to know your dotmailer credentials.
- Within dotmailer, you will need to create an API user and ensure that the API User is activated.