- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- GatorMail Integration
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Formulae
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Compliance Record
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- Jira Issue to new Case
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
If your Own Organisation trades in more than one currency, you can create Transaction Documents in any foreign currencies you use and can control the Exchange Rate that's applied to those transactions. The Exchange Rate is used to convert the foreign currencies into your Home Currency, enabling you to create reports in your Home Currency.
Exchange Rates can be changed at any time; you may update them daily, weekly or monthly or on an ad hoc basis.
Exchange Rates are applied by looking at the document date and using the Exchange Rate that you've set for the corresponding time period. For example, if you've set Exchange Rate 'A' for 1-15 December and Exchange Rate 'B' for 16-31 December, a Transaction Document dated 10 December will use Exchange Rate A, whereas a Transaction Document dated 16 December will use Exchange Rate B.
Workbooks can set the market rate exchange rate for you, if you wish, but you must specify the date range for which you want it to apply.
Exchange Rates and Transaction Documents in a Draft state are linked, therefore Home Currency values will change to reflect any rate changes. Thus, in the example quoted above, if the date on the second Transaction Document is changed (whilst the document is still in a Draft state) from 16 December to 10 December, the Exchange Rate will change from rate B to rate A.
When a Transaction Document is changed from a Draft state to Posted, the Exchange Rate in place at the time (based on the document date) will be applied. This Exchange Rate will not change unless a user with the necessary capability to edit a posted transaction changes the document date.
NOTE: Opportunity records do not have the concept of Draft and Posted states. They will use the Exchange Rate related to the Close Date at the time the Close Date is selected.
If the Close Date is changed to a date where a different Exchange Rate applies, the Exchange Rate for the new period will be applied. However, if the Close Date is not changed but the Exchange Rate for the relevant period is changed, the Exchange Rate will remain as per the one in place when the original Close Date was set.
Where Line Items are added to Transaction Documents whose price in the product book is in a third currency (ie, neither the Home nor the Document currency), Workbooks will display these in the Transaction Document in the Document currency, based on the exchange rates prevailing at the time. These figures will not be re-calculated, even when the document is Posted. This should be taken into consideration before Posting (completing) the document.