- Displaying & Adding People
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
- Mail Shots
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Formulae
- Introduction to Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
- Users & Security
- Email & Integration
- PDF Configuration
Always search the database before adding new records to avoid duplications.
- My People – a subset of the All People view showing a list of those People records that are either assigned to you or that you are watching;
- All People – all the People records on your database;
- Employees – all the People on your database that have been classified as employees of your Own Organisation.
To create an individual Person record, either:
Either option will bring up the new Person data form for completion. When completing the form, remember the following:
- The Name field is for the Person's full name. Workbooks then auto-populates the First Name and Last Name fields based on this information, as well as the Salutation field;
- The Assign to field will default to show --- Me --- (ie, you!) but if appropriate, you can reassign it to another Workbooks user using the dropdown picklist
- Starting to type its name in the Employer field, which will generate a list of possible Organisations to choose from;
- Clicking on the binoculars to open a Search window. If you find the right Organisation you can click on it, which will populate the Employer field. If the Organisation doesn't exist you can click on New Organisation in the top left-hand corner of the Search dialogue window, which opens a new blank Organisation record for you to complete. When you click Save & Close, the Organisation name will appear in the Employer field.
If you want to use the same address details for the Person as are on the database for the employer Organisation, simply click Copy details from employer. This will populate the Street Address, Town or City, County/State, Postcode/Zipcode, Country, Telephone and Fax numbers with the data from the equivalent fields on the Organisation record.
The opt out checkboxes can be used to identify those people who have said that they do not want to receive sales calls, communication by post or emails. If the checkbox for No Email is ticked, you can still send individual emails to that person from within Workbooks but if they are part of a mailing list or marketing campaign, they will automatically be excluded from bulk email sent via Workbooks. Similarly, if you synchronise a marketing campaign with MailChimp, information about anyone who has opted out of email via MailChimp will feed back into Workbooks and the No Email checkbox will be ticked automatically.
When you've completed the form click Save & Close. This record now forms part of your database and will appear in the My People and/or All People view (depending on whether or not you have chosen to Watch the record).