- Bulk Actions
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
- Mail Shots
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Formulae
- Introduction to Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
- Users & Security
- Email & Integration
- PDF Configuration
Within a Landing Page view you can apply a change to the records in the view by using the Bulk Actions functionality. This can be all records or a sub-set of them, which have been defined by applying filters). The actions that can be carried out are:
- Reassign - reassign all the identified records to a specific Workbooks user;
- Delete - deletes all the records;
- Update - you can choose to update one or more field on all the identified records, giving them all the same value;
- Add to Campaign - you can choose to add one or more Records from a Landing Page (People/Organisations/Sales Leads) to a Marketing Campaign and apply a Member Status to those records.
Bulk Actions are performed in the background and the user will be notified when the action is complete. Pending and Completed Bulk Actions can be viewed on the Bulk Actions Landing Page (Start > Bulk Actions). Bulk Actions can be undone for a period of up to 30 days after they've been carried out.
Performing Bulk Actions
The ability to perform Bulk Actions is controlled by the following Capabilities:
- Bulk Reassign records;
- Bulk Delete records;
- Bulk Update records
- Bulk add Campaign Members.
If required, your System Administrator can grant you any or all of these Capabilities.
To carry out a Bulk Action, navigate to the Landing Page for the appropriate record type. Here you can use filtering to identify the records you want to change / delete / add to a Campaign. When the grid shows the record(s) you want to change/delete, click Bulk Actions and choose the appropriate option.
REMEMBER: Depending on the filter you've applied, your records might span more than one page.
If you choose:
- Add to Campaign - you can use the dropdown next to Marketing Campaign to specify which Campaign to add the records to and specify the Member Status to apply to the records for that Campaign. Then click Add Marketing Campaign Members;
- Delete - you'll be asked if you're sure you want to Delete the record(s) and you can choose Yes or No, as appropriate;
- Reassign - you'll be provided with a dropdown picklist of all the users to whom you can reassign the record(s). You can then click Reassign People;
- Update - you'll be provided with a greyed out list of all the fields for the record type you want to update. Clicking on one of the options allows you to set the new value you want your identified records to have. You can click on multiple options to update multiple fields.
Whichever option you choose, you'll see a message saying that your Bulk Action has been scheduled and you'll be notified when it's complete. You can carry on working in Workbooks while the records are being updated.
You'll be notified when the Bulk Action has finished. You can click Open to see information on how many records have been updated and whether or not there are any errors or warnings.
NOTE: Clicking on Delete does not undo your change but will prevent you from being able to undo the change in the future.
Proceed with caution before bulk deleting data - think about the effect on other records in your database. For example, deleting records will also delete their links to other records on Workbooks. So if you delete Organisation records you will delete their relationships with any People records so you could end up with People records that don't contain employer information. Similarly, if you delete People records you may end up with Activity records that show no Primary Contact information.
Consider too that the records you delete might be used in Dynamic Linked Items/Picklists so deleting these could affect existing data on your system.
IMPORTANT: Any Notes records linked to the records you delete will be deleted at the same time.
Undoing Bulk Actions
Bulk Actions can be undone for a period of up to 30 days after they've been performed. To undo an action navigate to the Bulk Actions Landing Page (Start > Bulk Actions) and choose the row from the grid that you want to undo and click the Undo button. The Undo request will be queued up and you'll receive a notification when it's complete.
Your records will be returned to the state they were in before you took the Bulk Action. In the case of undoing a delete, any Notes relating to the reinstated record and links to other records will be recreated.