- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
- Workbooks Web Insights
- GatorMail Integration
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Formulae
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Compliance Record
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- Jira Issue to new Case
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
Within a Landing Page view, you can apply a change to the records in the view by using the Bulk Actions functionality. This can be all records, or a subset which have been defined by applying filters. The actions that can be carried out are:
- Reassign - This reassigns all the identified records to a specific Workbooks user.
- Delete - This deletes all the records.
- Update - You can choose to update one or more field on all the identified records, giving them all the same value
- Add to Campaign - You can choose to add one or more Records from a Landing Page (People/Organisations/Sales Leads) to a Marketing Campaign and apply a Member Status to those records.
Performing Bulk Actions
Bulk Actions are performed in the background and the user will be notified when the action is complete. Pending and Completed Bulk Actions can be viewed on the Bulk Actions Landing Page (Start > Bulk Actions). Bulk Actions can be undone for a period of up to 30 days after they've been carried out.
The ability to perform Bulk Actions is controlled by the following Capabilities, which can be granted by your System Administrator if required:
- Bulk Reassign records.
- Bulk Delete records.
- Bulk Update records.
- Bulk add Campaign Members.
- Bulk Recalculate Permissions.
To carry out a Bulk Action, navigate to the Landing Page for the appropriate record type. Here you can use filtering to identify the records you want to change/delete/ add to a Campaign. When the grid shows the record(s) you want to change/delete, click 'Bulk Actions' and choose the appropriate option.
1. Depending on the filter you've applied, your records might span more than one page, but the Bulk Action will still be performed on all results.
2. If you want to use bulk functionality with Activities, you need to deal with Tasks and Meetings separately. To carry out changes to Tasks, first navigate to the All Tasks Landing Page. Similarly, if you want to carry out changes to Meetings, first navigate to the All Meetings Landing Page.
The options available depend on the Record Type that you are working with and the Capabilities that you have been granted. The options will be some or all of the following:
- Add to Campaign - You can use the drop-down next to Marketing Campaign to specify which Campaign to add the records to and specify the Member Status to apply to the records for that Campaign. Then click Add Marketing Campaign Members
- Delete - You will be asked if you're sure you want to Delete the record(s). Choose Yes or No as appropriate
- Reassign - You will be provided with a drop-down picklist of all the users to whom you can reassign the record(s). You can then click Reassign People;
- Update - You will be provided with a greyed out list of all the fields for the record type you want to update. Clicking on one of the options allows you to set the new value you want your identified records to have. You can click on multiple options to update multiple fields.
- Recalculate Permissions - You will be prompted to confirm that you want to change the permissions on the selected records. Any records that have been shared with individual users, and which are not specified in that Record Type's Sharing Policy, will be removed and set back to that of the Permissions configuration. For more information on setting up Permissions, see here. You may also be interested in this forum article.
Whichever option you choose, you will see a message saying that your Bulk Action has been scheduled and you will be notified when it is complete. You can carry on working in Workbooks while the records are being updated. You will be notified when the Bulk Action has finished. Click Open to see information on how many records have been updated and whether or not there are any errors or warnings.
NOTE: Clicking on Delete does not undo your change but will prevent you from being able to undo the change in the future.
Proceed with caution before bulk deleting data - think about the effect on other records in your database. For example, deleting records will also delete their links to other records on Workbooks. So if you delete Organisation records you will delete their relationships with any People records and you could end up with People records that don't contain employer information.
Similarly, if you delete People records, you may end up with Activity records that show no Primary Contact information. Consider too that the records you delete might be used in Dynamic Linked Items/Picklists so deleting these could affect existing data on your system.
NOTE: Any Notes records which are linked to the records you delete, will be deleted at the same time.
Workbooks will not allow you to delete People or Organisation records that are related to transaction records.
Undoing Bulk Actions
Bulk Actions can be undone for a period of up to 30 days after they have been performed. To undo an action, navigate to the Bulk Actions Landing Page (Start > Bulk Actions). Choose the row from the grid that you want to undo and click the 'Undo' button. The Undo request will be queued up and you will receive a notification when it's complete.
Your records will be returned to the state they were in before you carried out the Bulk Action. In the case of undoing a delete, any Notes relating to the reinstated record and links to other records will be recreated.