- Creating & Modifying User Groups
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
- Mail Shots
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
- Users & Security
- Email & Integration
- PDF Configuration
- What does the Advanced Security Extension Provide?
- How do I control access to the Mailing List functionality?
- How do I control the ability to print data?
- How do I control the ability to export data?
- How do I add/remove users to/from a user group? How can I add/remove capabilities?
- Allocating an Edition and Extension(s) to a User
- How do I change a user's name and email address?
- Deleting Users
To create a new group click New Group.
Within the Main tab enter a Name and Description for the group.
If you want to limit the location from which members of this group can login to Workbooks you should open the Login Restrictions reveal. In the Permitted IP addresses field you should enter the IP address or addresses from which the group members are allowed to login.
Once you've restricted Users to specified IP addresses, you might find that you want some Users to be exempt from this restriction. In this instance, you should create a new group, add the exempt Users only and check the box next to Exempt from IP address restrictions. This setting will override the limitation on IP address access that may be applied to any of the other groups that the User belongs to.
Open the Capabilities tab and click Add Capability, which opens a list of all the Capabilities available in Workbooks. Select the Capabilities you want to grant to this group by ticking the checkbox on the appropriate row(s). When you've added all the ones you want, click Save & Close. (Remember, an individual User's Capabilities are the cumulative total of all those they have from each User Group to which they belong.)
To modify an existing group, click on the name in the right-hand grid and make your required changes.