- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Desktop Environment
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Importing Data
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
- Mail Shots
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Formulae
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- System Requirements
- Installation Guide
- First Run Assistant
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
- Exchange Server Sync
- Introduction to System Administration
- Users & Security
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
Introduction to Transaction Documents
Workbooks includes a number of object record types relating to financial transactions, which can be printed to PDF so that they can be sent to Prospects, Customers and Suppliers. These records are commonly referred to as Transaction Documents. Transaction documents include:
You can generate new Transaction Documents easily by using the Copy Document functionality. In addition, you can see at a glance the gross margin amount and percentage for the transaction by using the Analysis Reveal. If the Transaction Document has been raised in a foreign currency you'll see these figures in both your home and the foreign currency. (This makes it possible to report across all your transactions in one common, home currency.)
Custom fields can be created to appear on Line Items. These are particularly useful for recording information such as the serial number of a piece of equipment, who is to deliver a particular service and so on. If the custom field has been made 'searchable' it makes finding a particular piece of kit very easy.
NOTE: A VAT number must have been entered on your Own Organisation record in order for you to activate Line Item columns for sales tax.
Transaction Documents are generated with a state of DRAFT but can be moved to a POSTED state. Posted documents cannot be amended unless the User has special Capabilities.
Workbooks is pre-configured with default templates for each document type. You can tailor these documents by changing the colour of the font, uploading your company logo and controlling which fields from the document record are displayed on the PDF. Click here for more information on customising document templates.
Remember that you can control which columns are visible in the Line Items grid (and can add custom fields to the grid to record specifics such as the serial number of equipment, the location of a piece of kit, the consultant involved in delivering a service, and so on).
Using Transaction Documents you can:
- Track cost prices, sales prices and gross margins.
- Manage special pricing using Pricing Schemes and Supply Schemes.
- Process orders in different currencies.
- Track your order approval and fulfilment processes.