- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- Workbooks on Mobiles and Tablets
- Introduction to Cases
- Displaying & Adding Cases
- Managing Cases
- Custom Fields
- Case Portal Configuration
- Case Portal Additional Features
- Using the Case Portal
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- On The Day Registration App
- Setup On the Day Registration App
- Compliance Records
- What is Spotler?
- Navigating your Spotler homepage
- Introduction to GatorMail
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- GatorMail Configuration
- Creating Emails in GatorMail
- Sending Emails in GatorMail
- Advanced Features
GatorLeads / Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- QuickBooks Online
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
- Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
Event & Webinar Integration Tools
- Create/Update & Cancel Webinars from Events
- Event Attendees as Webinar Registrants
- Event Speakers as Webinar Panelists
- Retrieve Webinar Data
- Authentication with ON24
- Create Webcasts from Events
- Event Attendees as Webcast Registrants
- Retrieve Webcast Data
- Retrieve Survey Data
- Engagement Hub Interactions
- Azure Active Directory
- Power BI
- Outreach Authentication
- Sync People to Outreach Prospects
- Sync Organisations to Outreach Accounts
- Sync Workbooks Opportunities to Outreach
- Sync Tasks/Activities from Workbooks to Outreach
- Sync Outreach Sequences to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence States to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Sequence Step Numbers to Workbooks
- Sync Prospects/Accounts/Opportunities from Outreach to Workbooks
- Sync Outreach Tasks/Calls/Meetings to Workbooks
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Postcode Lookup
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Adding Targets, Conditional Formatting and CSS Styling
- Reporting with multiple currencies
- Drilling into Summary Views
- Improving Report Performance & Run Time
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Reporting Explained
- Exporting Reports
- Using Calculated Columns
- Audit Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Desktop Preferences
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields & Reference Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- October 2021 Release
- June 2021 Release
- March 2021 Release
- December 2020 Release
- September 2020 Release
- April 2020 Release
- January 2020 Release
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
Creating a Follow-on Activity is the quickest way to complete an existing Activity and enter a new one.
Overdue Activities will be highlighted in red in your Activities Landing Page.
Activities that have already been created can be accessed from within the record they are related to. They are also grouped together on the Activities Landing Page, which you can access by clicking on Start > Activities.
By default, the Activities Landing Page gives you a choice of views, including:
- My Open Activities - A subset of the All Activities view showing a list of those open Activity records that have either been assigned to you or that you are Watching.
- All Activities - A list of all the Activity records on your database.
- Open Activities - A list of all the open Activity records on your database.
- Closed Activities - A list of all the Activities on your database that have been given a status of Complete.
To open any of the records displayed in the views above, hover over the row until it becomes underlined, then click on it once. You can customise the appearance of this (and any other) Landing Page including grouping, filtering and saving views. For more information on customising views click here.
The most common way to add an Activity is to create it from within the specific record relating to the Activity. For example, adding an Activity to a specific Person, Organisation, Opportunity, and so on. You can also add an Activity without opening a specific record by clicking Start > New and choosing the appropriate Activity from the list that appears.
In the main tab of record for which you want to create an Activity, click New > Task. This will allow you select a task that you want to schedule for the future. Alternatively, open the Activity tab from any record type and choose Schedule an Activity to create an Activity that is due to take place in the future (Workbooks will automatically schedule the meeting to be 24 hours from the current date/time) or Record an Activity to create an Activity that has already taken place (Workbooks will automatically set the time to now). In both scenarios, you can change the times as required.
From the drop-down menu, choose the type of Activity you want to schedule or record (ie, Task, Phone Call, To-do or Meeting).
NOTE: If you've created the Activity against a Person record, you'll see their name under Primary contact details.
Complete the form that appears with as much information as you can, bearing in mind the following:
- Assigned to - The Activity will automatically be assigned to you but you can assign it to someone else using the dropdown picklist next to Assigned to. Assigning a record to someone else triggers a notification to be sent to that user (provided that they haven't switched off their notifications).
- Reminder - You can schedule a reminder for yourself, which will make a popup notification appear within Workbooks at the allotted time (depending on your choice of notification settings within Preferences).
NOTE: Reminders only work for the user who has set them, ie, if you assign an Activity to another user any reminder you've set will NOT pop-up for them. As above, they'll receive a notification that the Activity has been assigned to them, which they can open and then add their own reminder, if they wish.
- Description - You can enter more information about this activity and format the text in this field using the formatting tools above the text box.
- Status - Giving an Activity a Status of Complete will automatically populate the Completed Date with the date on which you changed the Status. It's important to mark Activities as Complete to stop them appearing in your Open Activities view.
In addition, you can attach files to the Activity within the Files tab and link the Activity to other records within the Related Items tab. You can also send an Email from an Activity by clicking Send Email. The Email will automatically be linked to the Activity within the Related Items tab.
Activities are automatically linked to the Primary Contact's Person record. In addition, if the Primary Contact is linked to an employer the Activity will also be linked to that employing Organisation. If the Primary Contact changes employer using the "Employer Wizard" (see here for more information), the employer field will stay unchanged until you reselect the Primary Contact.
If you create an Activity from within an Opportunity record, you'll see a Link to Customer checkbox. If the Primary Contact for the Activity works for a different Organisation from the Prospective Customer on the Opportunity, you can tick this checkbox to link the Activity to the Prospective Customer Organisation record.
If you use a VOIP telephone system you can use Workbooks to link directly to it and dial the number. You can also specify that Workbooks automatically logs a phone call activity. To dial a number automatically, simply click on the Call this number ... icon next to the Telephone field. You'll be offered two options: 'Call the number', and 'Call the number & record a phone call'.
Both options will trigger your VOIP client to dial the number. The second option not only dials the number but also generates a Workbooks Phone Call activity for you. You can also trigger your VOIP client to dial a phone number from within a grid - clicking on the number will automatically dial the number or you can right click which will give you the options described above.
NOTE: If you haven't specified a country code, Workbooks will 'assume' the number is a UK number. If you have specified a country code, remember to remove the leading zero from the number.
When you've entered your Activity you can use the buttons at the top of the record as follows:
- Save & Close - To save and close the Activity.
- Save - To save the Activity and leave the record open.
- Complete - To close the Activity and set the Status to Complete.
- Complete and follow-on Activity - To close the Activity setting the Status to Complete and create a follow-on Activity, choose Complete & follow-on Activity.
- Complete and follow-on Meeting - To close the Activity (setting the Status to Complete) and create a follow-on Meeting.