You can amend you list of Landing Page Views to suit your needs by showing, hiding, or moving them
- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- WESS System Requirements
- Setting up the WESS
- Synchronising Emails
- Synchronising People & Contacts
- Synchronising Tasks & Meetings
- WESS Troubleshooting
- The WESS Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Loqate
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Reporting Explained
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
To display the Desktop without any open records click on the Close all windows icon in the black taskbar.
When you log in to Workbooks, the Workbooks User Interface will be displayed. Here you will see the Welcome Message (unless you have switched it off within Preferences), along with any Bulletin messages or Notifications you have received, a link to our Training Videos page, any records and/or Landing Pages you have marked as pinned to launch when logging in, and any Desktop Shortcuts you have created. To the right of the Search bar, there are two icons, one to Close all windows, the other to Show only the current window.
Clicking on Start activates the Workbooks menu. From here you can:
- See all the areas of Workbooks for which your System Administrator has granted you access Capabilities
- Create new records
- Search for records on your database
- View recently opened records
- Set your Preferences
- Access Welcome Messages and Bulletins
- Link to the Knowledge Base for more help
- See information about which database you are using and which login you have used
- Log out of the system
It is important that you can find the record(s) you need quickly and easily, and Workbooks includes a powerful Search capability for this purpose. You can search the entire database or limit your search to records of a specific type. Either click on the Search icon in the top left-hand corner of the desktop or type the name of what you want to find into the Search box in the taskbar.
The Search defaults to being a 'quick search', which will return all records that start with the search term you looked for. For example, if you search for 'Alan' you'll see all the records, regardless of record type, that start with the word Alan (and only those records), as shown below.
If you want to find records that contain your search term anywhere in their indexed fields you should carry out a full search. To do this remove the tick from the quick search checkbox and click the magnifying glass. The screenshot below illustrates the different search results that are returned when carrying out a full search.
Here you can reveal and hide columns in the Search Results section, this includes the Relevance column which is a numerical score provided by Workbooks to indicate the likely hood that the Record is the one searched for based on the search term used. You can also save the Search View so the same format is returned for every subsequent Search. It is also possible to sort by the Record Name and Object Reference columns some of the available columns in ascending and descending order.
Alternatively, you have the option to carry out a 'sounds like' search, which can be useful if you're unsure of the spelling of a name. For example, if you search for 'Alan Smith' using the 'sounds like' search, the results could include 'Alain Smith' or 'Alan Smyth', and searching for 'Leslie Kaye' could find 'Lesley Kay'.
If your search term contains multiple words you may want to ensure that the 'All Words' setting is configured. This checkbox ensures that only Records where each of the word in the search bar is present. For example, searching 'Samuel Harris' will only return results where the words Samuel and Harris are present.
Removing this setting will return any result where either Samuel or Harris is present on the Record.
Remember too that you can limit the type of records that are searched using the dropdown picklist next to 'within'.
NOTE: Each user can change the default behaviour of search within their Preferences by removing the tick from the checkbox next to Quick Search default.
By clicking on a search result the Record will open and the Search Results Window will be closed automatically. It is also possible to open the Record without closing the Search results window by right clicking on the name and using the Context Menu to select 'Open, keeping Search results' as seen below;
Personalising the Desktop
System Administrators can personalise the look of the Workbooks User Interface(and of printed output) by replacing the default Workbooks logo with an image of your choice. Click here to find out how. In addition, you can control which, if any, windows open automatically when you login, by 'pinning' Landing Pages and/or records using the pushpin symbol towards the top right-hand corner .
Clicking on this symbol changes its appearance so it now looks like this and causes the Landing Page or record to open when you first login.
NOTE: The window will appear the same size and in the same position as it was when you pinned it. You can stop the window from opening on login by clicking on the pushpin again or by deleting the option from the My Pinned Windows section within Preferences.
All Users can customise their Workbooks User Interface by creating shortcuts to specific Workbooks Records, Views on Landing Pages, or Reports. Clicking on the Record icon in the top left-hand corner of a Workbooks record will open a menu with a list of options. Select Add shortcut on the Desktop. This will now add an 'All People' icon shortcut to your Desktop.
The Desktop icon will adopt the name of the Record, View or Report for which you are creating the shortcut. To remove any Desktop Shortcuts, right-click on the shortcut and select Remove Shortcut.
Clicking Start > About gives the user useful information about the current Workbooks session. From this screen, you can find out the following information which is always useful for assisting the support team.
You can find the following information from here:
- User information, including who you are logged in as, name and email address (1), plus information on which licences are allocated to that user (2). You can also see which User Groups the current user is in (3).
- Account information such as the name of the account and database.You will also find the current database ID (4).
- Licence information including the Workbooks licence and any extensions you may have purchased (5).
- Session information including your current user id, customer id and which database server you are using (6).
You can log into more than one Workbooks database at a time by using separate browsers or private browser windows for each session. Just be aware that as soon you try to log into another Workbooks database in the same browser instance one of your sessions will be cancelled and you will be unable to carry out further actions.