- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- GatorMail Integration
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Formulae
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Compliance Record
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- Jira Issue to new Case
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
- Email & Integration
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
Integrating Workbooks and Google Calendar
Workbooks can now be integrated with Google Calendar, which is a web and mobile-based time-management application. The integration is a one-way synchronisation that automatically brings Meetings from your Google Calendar to your Workbooks Database. Any subsequent changes to these items in Workbooks are mirrored in Google Calendar.
This allows you and your Organisation to make use of Google Calendar's features, whilst storing everything centrally on your Workbooks Database, including the maintenance and creation of relevant links to associated People and Organisation records. The synchronisation is controlled by several automated processes that are installed via a Plugin. The processes use scripts to push and pull Meeting information from Google on a scheduled basis.
Using Google, you can create a Meeting and specify the people that you wish to attend. The invitations will be delivered once they have been created in Google Calendar. When this Google Meeting is synchronised to your Workbooks Database, the responses that you receive to these invitations are then synchronised back to Workbooks.
When a user synchronises their calendars:
- All their meetings from the past 6 months, which are not marked as 'Private' within Google Calendar, are sent to Workbooks.
- All responses to any meeting invitations are sent to Workbooks.
There are two main sections to the following documentation which will describe how to set up, and how to use the described integration.
- The steps required to connect Workbooks and Google Calendar, and then manage the Calendars that Users have synchronised.
- The process of synchronisation and de-synchronisation from a User's perspective.
Before you begin
There are several prerequisite pieces of infrastructure you must have in place:
- You are using a version of Workbooks that includes the process engine.
- Your organisation has a Google Apps for Work account set up.
- Each Workbooks User that wants to use the Integration must have a Google Account that belongs to your organisation's Google Apps for Work account.
- You must have the ability to install an App on your organisation's Google Apps for Work account if you are not an Admin User on it yourself.
- You must have signed into your Workbooks Account using your Google Account.