- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Mailing Lists
- Marketing Campaigns
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Installing the Event Management Portal
- Amending Event Portal Parameters
- GatorMail Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- People & Organisations
- Introduction to Reporting
- Displaying Reports
- Creating Reports
- Reporting Explained
- Emailing Scheduled Reports
- Sharing Reports
- Using Calculated Columns
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Audit Reporting
- Compliance Record
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Outlook Connector
- Exchange Server Sync
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- Postcode Lookup
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- PDF Configuration
- Releases & Roadmap
- Workbooks Glossary
- Contact Support
Setting Up GatorForms
GatorForms are Web Capture Forms that allow your website visitors to submit information directly to you. These forms can either be embedded with full HTML or through an iFrame image placed on your site.
GatorForms are an excellent method to help identify unique visitors. Once a form is submitted a cookie is placed on the User’s browser meaning that the next time they visit they are identifiable by their email address rather than their company IP address.
Additionally, GatorForm information also feeds back into Workbooks which can then be used to create or update information on the appropriate Person or Lead Record, more information on this can be found on the Field Mapping page.
To create a GatorMail web capture form you you will need to go to Tools > Web Capture and then Add Web Capture:
Once you have clicked on this, you will be presented with two options to choose from to embed the Web Form either as an Iframe or as embedded HTML. Where possible, we would recommend using the embedded code as it provides a more secure submission and is more compatible with https based domains.
Once you have selected your Web Capture type and given it a name you will be able to start amending your Web Capture setup.
Setting up an Embedded Form
By default your Web Form will open on the Form Settings tab which provides you the following options:
Redirect URL - Once your form has been submitted you will be able to redirect people to a new link where they can continue to browse your website.
Website Submission Domain - This needs to be one of your GatorMail domains. A http domain is setup by default, however, if you want to set up or use a different domain you will need to follow the Domain setup guide.
The Email Address is always a required field when submitting a Web Form and this setting allows you to apply additional validation to the Email field.
- Standard Email Address - Any valid Email address is allowed to be used to submit the form.
- Business Email Address - Submissions from personal email address domains such as Gmail are prevented from submitting the form
- AUS Government Email Addresses - Only submissions with a valid Australian Government email address (.gov.au) can submit the form.
Confirmation Opt In
Enable Confirmation Opt In
Once the form has been submitted your selected Confirmation Opt In will be sent in an email to the User allowing for a “double opt in” process on the form.
Add confirm statement
The confirmation Opt In Statement is inserted into the Web Form so they are able to confirm their opt in while submitting the form and do not need to do this via an email.
Data Management allows you to control how you process the submission and can prevent the same contact from submitting a form multiple times.
The redirect URL will contain GatorLeads tracking information so once the User continues browsing your site you are able to track all subsequent activities.
This provides you with a picklist of available Campaigns. This list will contain your GatorMail Campaigns that are currently active. By selecting one of these the GatorMail Campaign will be sent to the User once they submit the form.
This works in line with Campaign Management where once a User has submitted the form they can be added to a Group. If you have created a GatorMail Mailshot in Workbooks you will be able to find an “Integrated Group for: [GatorMail Campaign Name]”
Alternatively you can create a new Group for the form submissions to be moved into.
Here you can setup and manage Notification Emails. This sends out an email informing you when the form has been submitted and allows you to set up a number of recipients to receive the notification.
Add a CAPTCHA code to your forms which will mean that human verification will be required in order for a form to be submitted. If this is something you want to add to your forms please contact email@example.com.
This tab provides you with a list of all available Fields that can be added to the Web Form. If you want these to populate Records in Workbooks see our Field Mappings page.
NOTE: Email will always be checked as it is mandatory.
This is the Name and Description of the Web Form.
Once you have set up the Web Form as required, use the Save and Get Embedded Code as this will provide you with the HTML needed which you can then pass over to your Web Team who will need to implement it onto to your Website.