- Welcome to the Knowledge Base
- Supported browsers
- Landing Pages
- HTML Editor
- Welcome Messages & Bulletins
- Exporting Data
- Multi Language
- Notifications & Reminders
- Workbooks Mobile Client
- Forecasts & Quotas
- Introduction to Importing
- Preparing your Import Data
- Workbooks Import Wizard
- Managing your Imports
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Campaigns
- Mailing Lists
- Upload Library
Workbooks Web Insights
- Tracking Code
- Setting up the Plugin
- Viewing Web Insights Data on your Form Layouts
- Domain Names and Online Activities
- Gator Popup
- Reporting incorrect Leads created through Web Insights
- Reporting on Web Insights data
- Using UTM Values
- Why aren’t Online Activities being created in the database?
- Why is GatorLeads recording online activities in a foreign language?
- Using HubSpot with Workbooks
- Introduction to Event Management
- Enabling the Event Management Module
- Using Event Records
- The Event Management Portal
- Compliance Records
- Setting up the Integration
- Sending Mailshots using GatorMail
- GatorMail - Dynamic Content
- GatorMail Domain Setup
- GatorMail Field Mappings
- Managing your GatorMail Account
- Setting up GatorMail Workflows
Electronic Signing Tools
- DocuSign Functionality
- Setting up the DocuSign Integration
- DocuSign - Worked Examples
- DocuSign - Reporting
- Adobe Sign Integration
- Docusign Integration
- Creditsafe Integration
- Introduction to Zapier
- Available Triggers and Actions
- Linking your Workbooks Account to Zapier
Setting up Zaps
- Posted Invoices to Xero Invoices
- Xero payments to Workbooks Tasks
- New Case to Google Drive folder
- New Case to Basecamp Project
- New Workbooks Case to JIRA Ticket
- Jira Issue to new Case
- 123FormBuilder Form Entry to Case
- Eventbrite Attendee to Sales Lead and Task
- Facebook Ad Leads to Sales Leads
- Wufoo Form Entry to Sales Lead
- Posted Credit Note to Task
- Survey Monkey responses to Tasks
- Multistep Zaps
- Email Dropbox
Workbooks Exchange Server Sync
- WESS System Requirements
- Setting up the WESS
- Synchronising Emails
- Synchronising People & Contacts
- Synchronising Tasks & Meetings
- WESS Troubleshooting
- The WESS Add-in
Workbooks Outlook Connector
- Introduction to the Outlook Connector
- Before downloading the Outlook Connector
- Download/update the Outlook Connector
- Installing the Outlook Connector
- Using the Outlook Connector
- Outlook Connector Troubleshooting
- Scribe/Workbooks Connector
People & Organisations
- Introduction to People & Organisations
- De-duplication and Merge
- Using Loqate
- Data Enrichment
- Introduction to Reporting
- Reporting Explained
- Displaying reports within Record Views
- Displaying Reports
- Adding a Report view to a Dashboard
- Exporting Reports
- Advanced Reporting
- Introduction to Transaction Documents
- Credit Notes
- Customer Orders
- Supplier Orders
- Contract Management
- Introduction to System Administration
Users & Security
- User Groups
- Account Settings
- Licences & Modules
Email & Integration
- Email Settings
- API Keys
- Web to Case and Web to Lead
- Preference Centre
- MailChimp, Constant Contact & dotMailer
- SharePoint Integration
- Bank Account Validation
- Creating & Modifying Picklists
- Creating Custom Fields
- Report-based Custom Fields
- Linked Fields
- Record Templates
- Form Layouts
- Customising relationships between parties
- Opportunity Stages
- Custom Records
- PDF Configuration
- Contact Support
Releases & Roadmap
- January 2020 Release
- September 2019 Release
- February 2019 - Event Management Release
- January 2019 Release
- October 2018 Release
- May 2018 Release
- February 2018 Release
- January 2018 Release
- November 2017 Release
- September 2017 Release
- June 2017 Release
- March 2017 Release
- December 2016 Release
- August 2016 Release
- January 2016 Release
- Workbooks Glossary
Enabling the WESS Add-in
The WESS Add-in can only be accessed by users that already have an active Workbooks Exchange Server Synchronisation Account, so ensure that this has been configured before attempting to enable the Add-in.
Exchange Server Configuration
As the add-in that interacts directly with your Exchange Server you can deploy it silently for all of your Users or specific groups configured within your exchange account. Before going ahead with the installation we recommend that you review the Supported Hosts page from Microsoft to ensure that your environment will support the use of the WOA.
The Outlook Add-in can be installed for all of your users or specific groups of users using the Office 365 Admin Centre. This is the recommended method of installing the Outlook Add-in as it saves time as the Add-in can be deployed on mass, rather than installing it on a per user basis. Once configured you can then add or remove users from these groups to install or uninstall the add-in on their behalf.
Note: You must be an Admin User on your Office 365 account to be able to do this.
To deploy the Add-in on mass you will first need to go to the Office 365 Admin Centre and log in as an Administrator. Once you are in the Admin Centre expand the Settings menu (cog icon) on the left hand side of the page and select Services & add-ins.
Once selected you will be taken to a new page, from here you will need to select the Deploy Add-in button as the top of the page.
This will open a new dialogue box explaining how centralised deployment works. Once on this screen click Next.
You will now be presented with three options of how you would like to deploy the WESS Add-in, you will need to choose ‘I have a URL for the manifest file’ and then enter https://wess.invisible.io/api/private/mailapp/manifest
This will now allow you to start configuring which Users have access to the WESS Add-in. You will be able to choose from Everyone, Specific users/groups or Just me.
Selecting Specific users/groups will create a new dropdown menu that will allow you to search for the users or groups required. Selecting the user or group will add them to the list for deployment, allowing you to select multiple users or groups.
Note: Only users with an active Office 365 Licence will be able to have the add-in assigned to them, shared mailboxes cannot have this functionality enabled.
Once you have finalised who to deploy the Add-in, press the Deploy now button at the bottom of the page. The Add-in will now be available to those users or groups.
The deployment of the Add-in may take a few minutes to complete, however, Office will notify you once the installation is complete. Users will then need to restart their Outlook in order to see the Outlook Add-in appear in their instance.
Note: It can take up to 12 hours for the Add-in to appear in a user’s Outlook and each Outlook Client must be restarted. If after 12 hours the Add-in is still not available please contact email@example.com
To install the WESS Add-in on a hosted MS Exchange environment you will need to first log in to your Outlook Web App page for your organisation. Once you are at the login page you will need to enter your login details and sign in.
Once logged in, select the Settings Menu (cog icon) in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
This will open a new menu, you will need to select Options.
This will open a new menu, you will need to expand the General tab and select Manage add-ins.
Select the plus (+) icon this will open a new menu asking you for the source of the install. You will need to select Add from a URL.
This will open a new dialogue box with a URL field, where you will need to enter the following URL: https://wess.invisible.io/api/private/mailapp/manifest and then press Next.
Then click Install.
Once complete and Users have restarted their version of Outlook they will now see the Workbooks Icon appear in the top right-hand corner of the home bar.
Selecting this button will expand the sidebar and allow users to see the relevant information for the email and contact held within Workbooks.
We recommend you use the pin icon so that the sidebar remains visible until you close your email client.
Once active the sidebar will enable you to sync emails, relate emails to other records, create and amend contacts & tasks.